News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nintendo Switch 2: LCD screen shocker for launch, new 2024 release date, PixArt provides clarification

Started by Redaktion, August 02, 2023, 03:41:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new report about the Nintendo Switch 2 has been published suggesting the next-generation hybrid console could be launched sporting an LCD screen. In addition, another Switch 2 release date timeframe has been offered and PixArt Imaging has provided clarification that probably doesn't involve Nintendo's ninjas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nintendo-Switch-2-LCD-screen-shocker-for-launch-new-2024-release-date-PixArt-provides-clarification.737916.0.html

Joe

With all due respect, I would prefer an LCD screen as it would serve me much longer and won't have to be replaced in a few years after contacting burn-in. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

harry(harry)

I agree with Joe

I just bought a 2nd phone from 2018 (s series of samsung)- the screen has a lot of burn-in -More over I knew the previous owner was a very light user of the phone...

Griffin

Quote from: Joe on August 02, 2023, 09:43:12With all due respect, I would prefer an LCD screen as it would serve me much longer and won't have to be replaced in a few years after contacting burn-in. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

You are exactly right, that is one of the reasons I bought the iPad mini. 6 it still as an LCD screen. When i use it as an infotainment tablet screen in the car, I can not worry about leaving google maps running and the green square burning into the screen. where my samsung note 20 ultra is having burn in signs two years into owning it. i can see the keyboard some times in chrome on a white page. sometimes the tictok menu bar i can see at the home screen too

OLEDs offer better color reproduction sure, but at the cost of longevity in comparison to an LCD. and something that kids are gonna use and abuse with out much regard to the technical side of things like us adult nerds and LCD would be perfectly fine and don't really see why the felt the need for an OLED on a device mostly targeted at kids in the first place.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview