News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra set to match the iPhone 15 Pro Max with a titanium frame

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2023, 11:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung will launch the Galaxy S24 series in the first quarter of 2024. According to a new leak, the range-topping Galaxy S24 Ultra will arrive with a titanium frame, not at all dissimilar to what has been rumored for Apple's upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S24-Ultra-set-to-match-the-iPhone-15-Pro-Max-with-a-titanium-frame.737231.0.html

Zachary Law

I.e. just another way to inflate prices. I couldn't possibly think of a situation where I would need such a superfluous material; rather, far more useful would be the inclusion of a qualcomm processor, not a exynos as roumoured. I just can't fathom how a company can get so much right and still be on a path to make such silly bad decisions.

hugh mungus

If the Essential Phone is anything to go off of both of these phones will be HEAVY. Titanium isn't a lightweight material.

S.Yu

Yup, titanium is somewhere between aluminum and steel in terms of strength-weight, but it scratches quite easily, somehow it seems even softer than aluminum despite numbers saying otherwise(I suspect that the oxidized layer isn't as strongly attached to the alloy itself, compared to aluminum's case), so I don't see the point of making a phone with it except if one were actually looking for that rugged look, which generally works on watches. Also it's resistant to bacteria, but again that works better on watches, and for a phone it would at least need to cover the entire back to make a difference.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview