News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony takes a page out of Apple's playbook for A6700, ditching charging hardware and leaving users with no default way to charge the device

Started by Redaktion, July 27, 2023, 04:15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Perhaps the inclusion of a USB Type-C port was simply an excuse for Sony to ship its mid-range A6700 APS-C mirrorless camera with no charging hardware, since the camera maker has done just that. A6700 owners will need to go out and buy not only an extra battery, but a whole other charger, if they want to charge their camera and use it at the same time.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-takes-a-page-out-of-Apple-s-playbook-for-A6700-ditching-charging-hardware-and-leaving-users-with-no-default-way-to-charge-the-device.736403.0.html

markiz

I don't understand what the issue is.
Just buy a charger and cable separately?
Home users don't need it since they already have likely several chargers at home. Pros buy a charger.

Dannn

Inclusion of USB-C? I bought Sony a6300 7 years ago which already had USB-C. Yes, it had usb-c cabel, but there was no charger too. Does author know anything about Sony cameras or just replicate news from other websites?

Dannn

Quote from: Dannn on July 27, 2023, 10:41:25Inclusion of USB-C? I bought Sony a6300 7 years ago which already had USB-C. Yes, it had usb-c cabel, but there was no charger too. Does author know anything about Sony cameras or just replicate news from other websites?

ok, it does not have usbc, my bad

YUKI93

Quote from: markiz on July 27, 2023, 10:05:38I don't understand what the issue is.
Home users don't need it since they already have likely several chargers at home. Pros buy a charger.

Couldn't agree more. My third-party charger is still doing solid work. The only reason to get a built-in charger is because the brand imposes a proprietary charging system.

h00b00

how about compare this sensor that used ages ago in fuji x-t3?
how about compare this camera to x-s20?
how about compare fuji vs sony lenses/stabilization?
i know you guys can do better!

davidm

Here let me rewrite this article for you.

Headline: Something that's actually about the camera's features

Body: Sentences about the camera. One sentence about how it charges by USB-C, yay! And about how people probably have boxes of USB-C cables, so it doesn't include one. And about how you're glad Sony isn't generating more waste.

Anonyneko

From my personal experience, cables go bust much sooner than the actual devices, so including cables and chargers actually helps me buy less third-party ones. Also, you always have to research which standards does your device and third-party cables/chargers support, which is honestly a pain in the butt.

julian.vdm

Quote from: Anonyneko on July 27, 2023, 14:36:45From my personal experience, cables go bust much sooner than the actual devices, so including cables and chargers actually helps me buy less third-party ones. Also, you always have to research which standards does your device and third-party cables/chargers support, which is honestly a pain in the butt.

Exactly my experience in both cases. I recently bought a JBL Flip speaker. It, too came without a USB charger, but it did include a cable. I, thinking "Oh it's just USB-PD," plugged the thing into an HP laptop charger, only to be met with a screaming warning in response.

Point being, it's not always as simple as "just buy a charger," especially with a camera, where it does consume considerable amounts of power (especially if you're charging it while you're using it), so you need to buy a charger that can keep up.

kek

Quote from: markiz on July 27, 2023, 10:05:38I don't understand what the issue is.

Don't worry, next step will be selling you the products piece by piece and charging you more for each.

People like you act as if these companies were passing the savings onto consumers, and we aren't talking about a freaking 30$ disposable camera either. Also, it never hurts to have extra cables and chargers. You can give them away if you want to, or recycle them.

Yaw69

Most people have these days already plenty of chargers at home. So no need for more. They also don't include a memory card but nobody is complaining about that

Falco

Oh stop crying. I'm still using my charging cable from my Sony a6500. Charges everything from phone to batteries and cameras and it works perfect. Everyone has chargers at home. And not ever have i busted a cable. Just take care of your stuff and stop whinging.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview