News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Vivobook Pro 16X review: Creator notebook with an outstanding processor

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2023, 13:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to an outstanding Intel Core i9, a decent RTX 4060 and an OLED display, the VivoBook Pro 16X leaves no doubt that it is perfectly positioned for image and video editing. The hardware, especially the input devices, is also an excellent fit for a Creator notebook. However, savings have been made in other areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Vivobook-Pro-16X-review-Creator-notebook-with-an-outstanding-processor.736400.0.html

NikoB

A disgraceful AMOLED screen with a shameful contrast for OLED of less than 6000:1(with the promised 1M:1+ by ASUS marketers). The real resolution in color is 1.5 times worse than the declared one, which is clearly seen from the sub-pixel structure in comparison with the same IPS panel.

Terrible flickering at the shameful 120Hz PWM, extremely harmful to the eyes.

It allegedly calibrated within dE a little less than 2, but for professionals you need less than 1.

The result for such a screen in the OLED class is no more than 70 points.

The funny thing is that the author gave the screen only 81% score (usually they give so much to the shameful IPS with 45% NTSC and low contrast), realizing its wretchedness in everything in the OLED class, but at the same time praised it as "good screen" in the results, why?

As almost always from crazy Asus developers (and other Chinese, except Lenovo and rare Asus models and the only model Huawei D16 - 2022-2023) - a completely corrupted, non-standard numpad that completely excludes fast blind typing and navigation, group operations with files and photos on hand memory. Although there is more than enough space on the standard case on the case. As like bad narrowed Esc,F1..F12 by height

Increased noise level even at rest. Although the monstrous consumption of 13980, which works at half strength here (i.e. you overpay money for nothing for it)

Slow RJ45 at a shameful 1Gb/s, which excludes fast access to the NAS over a 5Gbps link as minimum in 2023. Last HDD in 22Tb+ class already have sustained speed over 350Mbyte/s...

Slow, obsolete versions of USB-A at 5Gbps, instead of at least 10.

Unfortunate port layout for right-handed people - and there are most of them on the planet...

A shameful fhd webcam, morally obsolete and inappropriate for screen resolution, and not 2.5k@60Hz with autofocus, as in smartphones a long time ago.

And for all this they ask for a monstrous 2700 euros. For what?
There are not even minimum 64GB/4TB SSDs standard for professionals on board for 2023...

I wonder what kind of eccentrics will take it on their own, and not corporate money? There are those who are ready to spoil their eyesight for their own money and endure a lot of restrictions and low real performance, especially against the background of the 7945HX, which is literally twice as fast with the same PL1?

LL

I wonder why companies sell overpriced - overhardware for the chassis capability Intel CPU's.

Certainly there artists with a powerful CPU need but it much more common a GPU need so why this model is not sold also with a 4080 or 4090? i don't really remember last time i had CPU at 100% but certainly remember last time i rendered or encoded with GPU at 100%.

Ednumero

QuoteThe real resolution in color is 1.5 times worse than the declared one, which is clearly seen from the sub-pixel structure in comparison with the same IPS panel.
The color resolution is the same as that of a standard IPS panel, with one red, one green, and one blue emitter per pixel. They're just moved around slightly.

I'm with you on contrast, delta-E, and PWM, but this isn't the same situation as mobile phone OLEDs that omit subpixels. We need to focus that criticism towards those displays; there are plenty of valid criticisms you point out about this panel already.

NikoB

Quote from: Ednumero on July 27, 2023, 01:47:25he color resolution is the same as that of a standard IPS panel, with one red, one green, and one blue emitter per pixel. They're just moved around slightly.
You write nonsense, AMOLED screens for laptops are the most dangerous for vision today, and especially for children. They should be legally prohibited in all countries.

And children generally need to be deprived of access to AMOLED screens.

For today's children, only VA (the best option for reading black text on a white background)) / IPS can be given to use. Both options are highly desirable with a quality A-TW polarized coating. And of course, only semi-matte anti-reflective screens, because. glossy in 90% of cases of use in everyday life and in the office are very tiring due to monstrous glare. They are safe for eyesight, subject to high-frequency PWM and compliance with the ergonomics of the workplace - to give rest to the eyes.

In smartphones, there is also nothing better than IPS, and there is more than enough of it. Everything else is the contempt of corporations for the health of people for the sake of profit.

Ednumero

Quote from: NikoB on July 27, 2023, 14:01:57... glossy ... PWM ... health ...
Those are valid criticisms; they just don't have anything to do with the color resolution of the matrix.

Brian Smith

I don't understand the monitor test results and comments. This laptop uses the exact same panel as the ProArt 16X, however, the numbers are different.  Both laptops use the Samsung SDC4178 ATNA60BX01-1 panel, however, the brightness and color measurements are different.  In the ProArt review you said there were some serious color error issues.  The Vivobook does not have these errors? 

This just doesn't make sense to me. 

Brian Smith

In addition to my last post, why is the color gamut differenet between identical monitors?

NikoB

These are all questions to the conscientiousness, competence of the authors of reviews on NB. Gradually, a wave of questions that are not answered on the merits, lead to a complete loss of confidence in the reviews...

The same thing happened in the past on a lot of sites.

Abdiel

I understand it comes with ddr5-4800 mhz memory but is it capable of doing 5,600 MHz ? at least that is what i understand based on the writing.

NikoB

Officially, Zen4 Phoenix supports 5600 and 256GB RAM 128+128. But manufacturers can recover and limit the capabilities of SOC in BIOS intentionally for the marketing goals of promoting different lines.

Unfortunately, since 2016, the consortium of electronics manufacturers intentionally blocked the capabilities for patch BIOS by entering the digital sign of the firmware, which is verified with the public part of the key recorded in the BIOS chip. It is impossible to get around this procedure even with the programmer. But thanks to the hackers, part of the private keys of manufacturers and Intel flowed into public access to different series. Recently, many keys from MSI have flowed into dozens of episodes. If we do not update the bios (then the public part of the signature check key will also be updated), then you can unpack the image of the bios, correct the necessary parameters and pack it back, signing the manufacturer with the manufacturer if you have for a specific series. And the chip will take such a firmware as the original from the manufacturer.

Otherwise, there is only an attempt to reverse engineering at the dump bios on the management of some parameters at the NVRAM level of register, which are still available.

On the AMD, you can easily enter the expanded (engineering - first access level) BIOS using special flash drives. And there sometimes you can directly correct the parameters blocked by the manufacturer.

NikoB

Stupid google translate (it best google AI!!!) ))):

Officially, Zen4 Phoenix supports 5600 and 256GB RAM 128+128. But manufacturers can recover and limit the capabilities of SOC in BIOS intentionally for the marketing goals of promoting different series of models.

Unfortunately, since 2016, the consortium of electronics manufacturers intentionally blocked the capabilities for patch BIOS by entering the digital sign of the firmware, which is verified with the public part of the key recorded in the BIOS chip. It is impossible to get around this procedure even with the programmer. But thanks to the hackers, part of the private keys of manufacturers and Intel flowed into public access to different series laptops and gadgets. Recently, many keys from MSI have flowed into dozens of laptop's series. If we do not update the bios (then the public part of the firmware signature check key will also be updated), then you can unpack the image of the bios, correct the necessary parameters and pack it back, signing by manufacturer private key if you have for a specific series. And the chip will flash such a firmware image as the original from the manufacturer.

Otherwise, there is only an attempt to reverse engineering at the dump bios on the management of some parameters at the NVRAM level of register, which are still available.

On the AMD, you can easily enter the extended (or engineering version for first access level) BIOS using special flash drive (like github.com/SmokelessCPUv2/SmokelessRuntimeEFIPatcher). And there sometimes you can directly correct the maby parameters blocked by the manufacturer for usual bios settings.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview