News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's Yoga Pro 9i 14 with Mini-LED panel is the best Windows alternative to Apple's MacBook Pro 14

Started by Redaktion, July 25, 2023, 21:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's new Yoga Pro 9i 14 is a powerful multimedia laptop with an excellent and very bright Mini-LED screen. You also get plenty of performance, a good keyboard and plenty of features, but Apple still has a big advantage when it comes to battery runtimes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-Yoga-Pro-9i-14-with-Mini-LED-panel-is-the-best-Windows-alternative-to-Apple-s-MacBook-Pro-14.736290.0.html

The Werewolf

Given that these run entirely different operating systems and are operating in entirely different ecosystems - and given that most Apple fans would rather have their molars removed by a plumber with a set of pliers than switch...

How does this article make any sense at all?

It's like the author felt a need to insert an Apple reference into a relatively unrelated article when there are LOTS of PC laptops that would have made for a more meaningful comparison, like the Dell XPS 13 Plus.

splus

Quote from: The Werewolf on July 25, 2023, 21:33:38Given that these run entirely different operating systems and are operating in entirely different ecosystems - and given that most Apple fans would rather have their molars removed by a plumber with a set of pliers than switch...

How does this article make any sense at all?

It's like the author felt a need to insert an Apple reference into a relatively unrelated article when there are LOTS of PC laptops that would have made for a more meaningful comparison, like the Dell XPS 13 Plus.
I agree. Windows laptops and Mac laptops shouldn't be compared simply because Windows users are not interested in MacOS laptops and MacOS users are not interested in Windows. I see a lot of reviewers comparing Windows laptops with Macbooks, but to be honest, I'm not interested in Macbooks in the slightest. I'd prefer its reviewers compare it to similar Windows laptops.

Sandfleazz

I'm old, but I still see Windows as a windowing shell for DOS, and MacOS as a windowing shell for Unix/NeXT/Linux.  I bet Ubuntu screams on this laptop.

Mr Majestyk

While I agree most people only choose one OS and stick with it, I run a MacOS laptop and have two iPads, so even as a window user I'm comfortable with both OS's. For laptops I'll go to which ever OS I need if it has the right hardware. I won't be changing desktop OS because I also like to game and Apple just sucks in that area. For my laptop for productivity though MacOS is great.

Sinocelt

Quote from: splus on July 26, 2023, 00:34:19I agree. Windows laptops and Mac laptops shouldn't be compared simply because Windows users are not interested in MacOS laptops

If that were true, MacOS wouldn't have been eating into Windows's market share. I've been using a PC for over three decades, and Windows since at least 3.1, and I've learned to deal with the many quirks of its successive iterations, but that doesn't mean I've enjoyed having to do so.

Of course, I'm sure MacOS has its quicks too, but I was still tempted to switch three times: when the first MacBook Air came out, when the M1 came out, and when Hush came out (Hush is a miracle piece of software that, for now, exists only for Mac).

The one moment when Apple could really have made me switch is when I tried the M1 iPad Pro at one of their stores. If it had been able to run MacOS too, I'd have made the big switch. But I wasn't going to buy an iPad Pro *and* a MacBook just because Apple decided there was more money for them to make by forcing people to buy mostly redudant hardware.

Aizad Sayid

The top tier windows machines must be compared with Mac machines because they're both used to accomplish the same task! Although I am a windows user since windows 3.1 era, the modern Mac is pretty much a nail in the coffin of windows machines as far as performance is concerned.

Neenyah

Quote from: Aizad Sayid on July 27, 2023, 00:05:11...the modern Mac is pretty much a nail in the coffin of windows machines as far as performance is concerned.

LTT did a whole video about how this is factually incorrect.

"Apple fans, start typing your angry comments now..."

( youtu.be/buLyy7x2dcQ )

Logoffon

Quote from: Sandfleazz on July 26, 2023, 01:46:40I'm old, but I still see Windows as a windowing shell for DOS, and MacOS as a windowing shell for Unix/NeXT/Linux.  I bet Ubuntu screams on this laptop.
What if I tell you Ubuntu is the same for Linux, and so does the other "distros"?

NikoB

Almost 40% of Ubuntu users vulnerable to new privilege elevation flaws
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/almost-40-percent-of-ubuntu-users-vulnerable-to-new-privilege-elevation-flaws/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview