News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

OLED mobile PC market slated to grow by up to 34% by 2030

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2023, 19:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple's rumored OLED iPad Pros are not even here, yet are now already credited with the ability to boost demand of other panels made of the same popular screen material made for the tablets or laptops that will be released to compete with them. The resulting growth of their segment is now projected to outpace that of the OLED market in general over the next eight years.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OLED-mobile-PC-market-slated-to-grow-by-up-to-34-by-2030.736177.0.html

Hunter2020

Yawn.  No matter how good OLEDs get, can't beat a simple LED projector to enjoy movies and TV shows.  All is needed are some blackout curtains to make everything work!

Mark0

As much as I like looking at OLED displays until the industry finds a 'cure' or work-a-round for the dismal lifespan of the OLED color BLUE I won't be replacing products with LCD screens for OLED ones any time soon.

PHOLED

QuoteYawn.  No matter how good OLEDs get, can't beat a simple LED projector to enjoy movies and TV shows.  All is needed are some blackout curtains to make everything work!
HDTVTest did test that and the projector didn't stand a change against the TV.

QuoteAs much as I like looking at OLED displays until the industry finds a 'cure' or work-a-round for the dismal lifespan of the OLED color BLUE I won't be replacing products with LCD screens for OLED ones any time soon.
You can use your OLED TV just fine..the long term reviews of OLED burn-in are out and much has changed in the last 5 years. Just don't show the same image for days at the highest brightness, but the OLED TV will auto-dim then anyways. I use my OLED TV as a PC monitor and so far no issues (Medium brightness at 35/50 notches), as I don't need more, rarely HDR (ony through Tizen OS) so far as Linux doesn't support it yet. Just get an OLED TV and see.

Let me still say this, if it makes you happy:
QuoteLG & Samsung are both reviewing blue PHOLED for next-gen OLED displays

OLED emission can be divided into two types; fluorescence and phosphorescence (PHOLED). OLED displays including TVs already use phosphorescence for red and green, but blue is still fluorescent.
It is still not clear if blue PHOLED will be ready for consumer OLED TVs in 2024.
Probably not 2024, but maybe 2025.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview