News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Internal Arrow Lake-S performance projections depict 21% gain for CPU and phenomenal 2.4x lead for Xe-LPG iGPU vs Core i9-13900K

Started by Redaktion, July 18, 2023, 13:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel is reportedly releasing the refreshed Raptor Lake CPUs for desktops and mobile as 14th-gen chips in the coming months and the Arrow Lake chips in the second half of next year. According to Intel's internal performance projections for the Arrow Lake and Raptor Lake Refresh chips, the desktop ARL-S processors could bring up to 21% performance gain vs the Core i9-13900K alongside an Xe-LPG iGPU that could be 2.4x as fast as the HD 770 inside the desktop Raptor Lake-S parts.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Internal-Arrow-Lake-S-performance-projections-depict-21-gain-for-CPU-and-phenomenal-2-4x-lead-for-Xe-LPG-iGPU-vs-Core-i9-13900K.734709.0.html

Max Power

If I'm not mistaken, Arrow Lake will be the first tiled architecture consumer CPU. As such, given the new architecture, the massive performance increase of the Xe-LPG iGPU is not too surprising. At this rate, low-end discrete GPUs may become obsolete for new systems starting around 2026.

DantePierttyr

It would still suffer against an iGPu with 4 RDNA3 CU and high clocks. Not to mention the difference in software stability and compatibility.

checkandsee

Starjack

Quote from: DantePierttyr on July 18, 2023, 13:35:17It would still suffer against an iGPu with 4 RDNA3 CU and high clocks. Not to mention the difference in software stability and compatibility.

RDNA3 was only released late last year. I don't know if Intel was prepared at that time for it. The proposed 128EU iGPU in one of Intel's 14th Gen chips could right now compete with RDNA2 architect iGPU like that of Radeon 680M theoretically.

MQ.Yang

Quote from: Starjack on July 18, 2023, 19:07:37
Quote from: DantePierttyr on July 18, 2023, 13:35:17It would still suffer against an iGPu with 4 RDNA3 CU and high clocks. Not to mention the difference in software stability and compatibility.

RDNA3 was only released late last year. I don't know if Intel was prepared at that time for it. The proposed 128EU iGPU in one of Intel's 14th Gen chips could right now compete with RDNA2 architect iGPU like that of Radeon 680M theoretically.

I think only the mobile version will have the 128EU version. The desktop side will have 512Shaders, which is 2x what the 770UHD has

Anonymousgg

Quote from: MQ.Yang on July 18, 2023, 20:48:45I think only the mobile version will have the 128EU version. The desktop side will have 512Shaders, which is 2x what the 770UHD has

QuoteAlongside the Arrow Lake-S and Raptor Lake Refresh-S CPUs, igor'sLab has also leaked an internal slide depicting the performance of the Xe-LPG iGPU said to make an appearance on the desktop ARL-S.

For the uninitiated, the Xe-LPG iGPU is reportedly based on the Intel Alchemist graphics architecture, possibly Alchemist+, and could pack up to 8 Xe cores.

8 Xe cores = 128 EUs, I think. The article is implying that desktop, not mobile, is going from 32 EUs in UHD 770 straight to 128 EUs, which seems implausible. But if they did do that, the performance gains would be substantial.

Zen 4 Raphael with 2 RDNA2 CUs is about on par with UHD 770. Zen 5 Granite Ridge is supposed to have 2-4 RDNA3.5 CUs. They're going to need at least 4 CUs to have a chance to keep up with that.

Starjack

It's the Xe-LPG part that throw me off because i thought it was talking about mobile iGPUs. Due to the fact that Xe-LPG is the low power variant of the Xe architect. Don't worry i get it, since the high power variants (Xe-HPG) are use in Intel discrete GPUs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview