News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony A6700 APS-C mirrorless camera arrives to challenge Fujifilm X-S20 for best value video creator camera

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2023, 02:36:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After months of rumours, leaks, and barefaced speculation, Sony has finally unveiled the Alpha 6700 APS-C mirrorless camera as the follow-up to the nearly-four-year-old Alpha 6600. The A6700 stacks up to be an impressively capable successor to the A6600, thanks to an updated BSI sensor, enhanced AI image processing, and class-leading video features. The A6700 should put up stiff competition for the likes of the recently-released Fujifilm X-S20, especially given the Sony's competitive US$1,399 price tag.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-A6700-APS-C-mirrorless-camera-arrives-to-challenge-Fujifilm-X-S20-for-best-value-video-creator-camera.733858.0.html

Andreas Galster

What a massive shill post. "High-quality EVF". Even the strongest Sony fanboy isn't praising that EVF. This post is so cringeworthy with all the superlatives of a camera barely better than the 4-year-old predecessor. The overall consensus among most people is that the X-S20 is a much better value.

In Europe, the X-S20 costs 400 Euro less, has better EVF & screen, 6k Open Gate, bigger buffer, longer-lasting battery, and a few more things I forgot that are better.

Jared Polin (the only honest review I could find) called both the EVF and the screen pretty much useless given the low res.

julian.vdm

Quote from: Andreas Galster on July 13, 2023, 05:50:14What a massive shill post. "High-quality EVF". Even the strongest Sony fanboy isn't praising that EVF. This post is so cringeworthy with all the superlatives of a camera barely better than the 4-year-old predecessor. The overall consensus among most people is that the X-S20 is a much better value.

In Europe, the X-S20 costs 400 Euro less, has better EVF & screen, 6k Open Gate, bigger buffer, longer-lasting battery, and a few more things I forgot that are better.

Jared Polin (the only honest review I could find) called both the EVF and the screen pretty much useless given the low res.

I do agree with you that the X-S20 is a better value, but the EVF on the Sony is almost exactly the same resolution as the one on the X-S20, although the magnification is different, and Sony is notorious for making weird EVF cups. With regards to the screen, at three inches, it's got a pixel density of 426 PPI, which is higher than most smartphone screens. Sure, the Fuji's screen is sharper, but you're only supposed to be roughly gauging composition on the screen, not editing images and sending emails to your boss. It's a compact camera. There are going to be limitations. The Sony also records 4K without a crop at up to 60p, although it's a downsample of 6K capture, so it may be a little crispier than average 4K.

It depends on who you are and what you need. If you're already used to some of the Sony weirdness, and you need mind-blowing AF and high-framerate video, get the Sony. If you need (probably) better colour reproduction, higher burst photograpy speeds, and higher video resolution, get the Fuji. They're not that far off when it comes to specs and features, although EUR400 is a lot of money to save/spend, and 4K 120 FPS isn't going to convince me to get the Sony over the Fuji for that much money.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview