News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

4 TB Crucial X8 portable SSD gets generous 54% discount on Amazon

Started by Redaktion, July 11, 2023, 11:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Compatible with a wide range of devices, from Windows PCs and Macs to gaming consoles and Linux-driven PCs, the Crucial X8 portable SSD can achieve read speeds of over 1,000 MB/s and features a rugged build that can handle dust, drops, or vibrations. The 4 TB version is now 54% off, so it goes for US$219.99 instead of US$479.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/4-TB-Crucial-X8-portable-SSD-gets-generous-54-discount-on-Amazon.733681.0.html

S.Yu

lol, the price got me interested but during my search I found that 2.5" SSDs with 8TB capacity can be had for about the same price as this 4TB SSD, and an enclosure costs next to nothing. Well, my choice is clear🙂

Codrut Nistor

But those SSDs are older SATA ones, right? So you would get twice the storage, some almost rugged enclosure, and less than half the speed for about the same price. Not a bad deal, of course, but not too good, either.

S.Yu

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on July 11, 2023, 21:22:58But those SSDs are older SATA ones, right? So you would get twice the storage, some almost rugged enclosure, and less than half the speed for about the same price. Not a bad deal, of course, but not too good, either.
What I see here is an Ultrastar DC SN640 NVMe SSD, rated 7.68TB with a r/w of 3100MB/s and 2000MB/s, if I have a TB connection I could probably get somewhere around those speeds🙂
Still, speed is overrated for an external drive and something's probably gonna bottleneck me anyway so I'll just go for a regular 10Gbps enclosure🙂

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview