News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New leak reveals possible launch for Intel's Arc Battlemage GPUs by 2024, but performance could be significantly nerfed

Started by Redaktion, July 07, 2023, 17:42:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MLID is back with a new report on Intel's Arc Battlemage status and it looks like there are fair chances to see this series launched some time in 2024. However, the performance target of the top G10 die that was supposed to beat Nvidia's RTX 4080 has meanwhile been nerfed a few times and it might not even beat the RTX 4070 if it ever launches.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-leak-reveals-possible-launch-for-Intel-s-Arc-Battlemage-GPUs-by-2024-but-performance-could-be-significantly-nerfed.732612.0.html

cfb

I quit listening to MLID when he ranted for 10 minutes about how we were all so fxxking stupid for not believing him about Intel canceling the graphics division.

In other news, I used to work for Intel, still know a lot of people in the higher ups, and there was NEVER any discussion about canceling the graphics division.

MLID makes stuff up, has some sort of problem with Intel, and hasn't been a serious source of valid information for quite some time. He's just a kid in his attic with some RGB lighting.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: cfb on July 07, 2023, 22:05:05In other news, I used to work for Intel, still know a lot of people in the higher ups, and there was NEVER any discussion about canceling the graphics division.

They released everything so late that they missed the GPU boom, restructured by eliminating the AXG division, kicked Raja Koduri to the curb, and are cancelling dGPU dies. So yeah, he continues to be effectively right.

What does your uncle at Nintendo have to say about all this?

longjohn119

When are people ever going to learn the MLID is wrong more often than he is right. 
He'll say one thing one day, change it a month later and then claim he was right all along

longjohn119

Quote from: cfb on July 07, 2023, 22:05:05I quit listening to MLID when he ranted for 10 minutes about how we were all so fxxking stupid for not believing him about Intel canceling the graphics division.

In other news, I used to work for Intel, still know a lot of people in the higher ups, and there was NEVER any discussion about canceling the graphics division.

MLID makes stuff up, has some sort of problem with Intel, and hasn't been a serious source of valid information for quite some time. He's just a kid in his attic with some RGB lighting.

He has a problem with anything not AMD .... I think he knows someone who works at AMD and gets his information from them with no clue he is just being used as a Useful Idiot

First RDNA2 was going to change the world and ruin Nvidia ... didn't happen

Then it was RDNA3 will outperform Nvidia's best ... again didn't happen

Now he's got a hard on for Intel because they took away part of AMD's market share last year

chuck

i'm with you bud, intels already like 70+% of the GPU market. granted almost all of that's IGPU. Any beneficial cross over with Dedicated GPU market's nothing but positive. it's not like intel's a small startup where they're living and dying by quarter results, I don't see anything but upside.

Skipped this generation of dedicated GPUs already have a decent GPU amd 5600 xt but who knows next gen might be a fair shake. If they'd have been able to launch during covid they would have killed it. there's still plenty of room to grow market share in Desktop/workstation and AI. they already own IGPU.

cfb

Quote from: Anonymousgg on July 07, 2023, 23:46:37
Quote from: cfb on July 07, 2023, 22:05:05In other news, I used to work for Intel, still know a lot of people in the higher ups, and there was NEVER any discussion about canceling the graphics division.

They released everything so late that they missed the GPU boom, restructured by eliminating the AXG division, kicked Raja Koduri to the curb, and are cancelling dGPU dies. So yeah, he continues to be effectively right.

What does your uncle at Nintendo have to say about all this?

Koduri wasn't getting it done. Yeah, they were late but they're an effective 3rd option. Nobody has canceled the graphics division. It's still selling, and quite well now that the driver stuff is mostly straightened up.

Bogdan Solca

Do I really need to step in every time the discussion is heating up? Come on guys, keep it decent please.

Starjack

"In other news, I used to work for Intel, still know a lot of people in the higher ups, and there was NEVER any discussion about canceling the graphics division."

Well in IMO, there have been some improvements with Intel graphics driver with still a little room for improvement. I don't think it should be cancelled anyway because i feel it will get better in the future. My current laptop with i3-1215U/UHD Graphics Xe 64EU iGPU is doing well so far in applications and games, much faster than the last laptop with Core i3-3120M/HD Graphics 4000 i owned at least 6 years back.
It now reach to a point where Intel included integrated Arc Graphics in Core Ultra Series than have more EUs/shaders than the current offering. Intel Core Ultra 5 1003H mobile processor for example from what i gather,  has the integrated Arc Graphics iGPU with 128EUs(1024 shaders/ALUs). This iGPU might compete or at least be faster than the Radeon 680M. If so, i don't see why Intel should quit producing graphics.

Walkop

Firstly; watch the videos, and read this article, and the reference article.

MLID never actually said Intel was cancelling their entire division. "Effectively cancelled" was the statement from the beginning. He never said they weren't going to keep making products, but that they would not be able to compete properly for at least 2-3 years.

Raj is gone. He was definitely let go, that wasn't a resignation. The division has been entirely restructured. They're a year behind, at least, and have cancelled or rebranded all of their high end SKUs. They're selling products at cost/at a loss. They're not competing with anything remotely high end. They aren't good value vs Nvidia or AMD due to power draw, even with the low prices RDNA2 is better in almost every way other than AV1 and at times raytracing. They're not making a lot of their dies at all at the moment for the aforementioned cost reasons.

ARC is dead in the water right now, and anything they produce is going to be basically irrelevant in the big scheme for at least a 1.5-2.5 years at this point.

I'd say that's bang on from him. The Intel and AMD leaks on the CPU/APU side have also been bang on. Sure, there's mistakes, but when you're dealing with internal politics and pre-release information you're always going to have variability in accuracy.

MLID

MLID is just an AMD stockholder.
It's an influencer channel.
When will people finally realize that?
He is influencing potential stockholders to buy AMD.
Is Intel facing trouble? Yeah.
Are they going bankrupt? Who knows!

The only thing I know that is certain is the SMIRK on MLID's face whenever he can tell something bad about Intel.
Just watch his videos.
He doesn't even care anymore whether people notice it or not.

DavidC1

MLID is misleading pure and simple.

He claimed that there might be just one SKU, now there's three, more than Alchemist's two.

Also his leak is showing 448EUs, which isn't much of a downgrade from 512EUs. Despite having the same amount of EUs, the Xe2/Battlemage architecture has twice the shading firepower per EU, meaning it's much more powerful. This is why the die size is similar despite TSMC N4.

448 Battlemage EU = 896 Alchemist EU

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview