News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Modern 15 and 14 refreshed with Raptor Lake or Ryzen 7000-series silicon and more color options

Started by Redaktion, June 29, 2023, 19:34:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI asserts that its entry-level lifestyle/business laptops are as 'Modern' in terms of finish options as they are in terms of either Intel or AMD processors in 2023. The series' single Ryzen 7 7730U-powered variant can be had in Classic Black, whereas some of its Core i5-1335U-based siblings move on to Star Blue or Beige Rose. They have been released to markets such as Germany, starting for less than US$1,000.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Modern-15-and-14-refreshed-with-Raptor-Lake-or-Ryzen-7000-series-silicon-and-more-color-options.729234.0.html

Ednumero

I'll grant that the aesthetics are clean, but the "Modern" branding comes across as incredibly forced for a product line that's still using 16:9 displays.

julia_top

Incredible MSI puts intel 13gen but does not install its counterpart ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix with RDNA 3.
So it is impossible to buy a laptop and more when it is shown that ZEN 4 Phoenix is far superior to Intel's 13Gen and its Intel Xe iGPU and more when people in professional forums demand AMD Zen 4 Phoenix.

Bennyg1

Its also a stretch to call rehashed Barcelo Zen 3 silicon released at the start of last year as "modern". "Refreshed" is definitely appropriate

A

Quote from: julia_top on June 30, 2023, 10:46:28Incredible MSI puts intel 13gen but does not install its counterpart ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix with RDNA 3.
So it is impossible to buy a laptop and more when it is shown that ZEN 4 Phoenix is far superior to Intel's 13Gen and its Intel Xe iGPU and more when people in professional forums demand AMD Zen 4 Phoenix.

No professional is crazy enough to buy MSI to begin with, they always score the lowest in reliability. And I can attest to that, in my life I only had 3 laptops fail. One laptop was due to using faulty Nvidia chipsets that Nvidia knew were defective, and the other 2 were MSI. Otherwise, every laptop I ever bought still works to this day

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview