News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Pixel Fold: Google's US$1,799 foldable sports camera hardware from as far back as 2017

Started by Redaktion, June 29, 2023, 15:05:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Google Pixel Fold launched recently with a MSRP of US$1,799. That price tag pits it directly against Samsung's Galaxy Z Fold4, and likely the upcoming Z Fold5, but it appears Google may have cut costs in the camera department, with the foldable sporting some rather archaic sensors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Pixel-Fold-Google-s-US-1-799-foldable-sports-camera-hardware-from-as-far-back-as-2017.728743.0.html

George

That's the sensor that won the MKBHD smartphone camera competition...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Mr Majestyk

I pity the fool that would risk buying Google garbage in general, but let alone a first gen attempt at a fold device. This will end in tears. Price is beyond ludicrous. Same garbage quality control as when they made the Nexus line, but at least then the phones were dirt cheap to reflect their quality. Now they want a premium for the trash.

Shawn

It's still a better camera than the Samsung Z Fold 4. I have the Z4 and got the Pixel Fold to test and the photos are crazy better on the Pixel, especially with the zoom. It is as Google stated, the best camera on a foldable. It's just a shame for the price Samsung doesn't include a better camera on the Z4.

Fold 4 Boss

Google software pushes the hardware to the max!  If always a good look for Google if they have tried and tested sensors for their camera.  I use Pixel and Samsung devices regularly.  My pixel 3s camera could still put up a fight against today's phone cameras!

Cozze02

Quote from: LOL on June 29, 2023, 19:23:18Only weirdos buy a foldable phone, doesn't matter which brand it is.
Honestly, I kinda of agree as I am a weirdo, but dam do I love the screen on my fold 3.

S.Yu

Quote from: Shawn on June 30, 2023, 05:34:02It's still a better camera than the Samsung Z Fold 4. I have the Z4 and got the Pixel Fold to test and the photos are crazy better on the Pixel, especially with the zoom. It is as Google stated, the best camera on a foldable. It's just a shame for the price Samsung doesn't include a better camera on the Z4.
Don't count on Samsung for a good camera, they're not even trying, they're just pretending to be.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview