News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 V review - Premium smartphone with unrivaled equipment and Zeiss cameras

Started by Redaktion, June 24, 2023, 15:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony remains faithful to its own line, again designing its high-end smartphone a bit differently than its smartphone competitors. In addition to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, a new camera sensor, and a real optical zoom, the Xperia 1 Mark V offers many equipment characteristics that aren't offered by any other flagship smartphone.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-V-review-Premium-smartphone-with-unrivaled-equipment-and-Zeiss-cameras.727894.0.html

nikol

what about other good things that the s23 ultra or xioami does not have like true stereo speakers, high quality 3.5 jack, sd card storage??

Dave P

That's an awful lot of cons, compared to pros, for a phone rated 90%. I stopped taking GSMarena seriously when they were doing that on a consistent basis.

S.Yu

Quote from: nikol on June 24, 2023, 19:46:25what about other good things that the s23 ultra or xioami does not have like true stereo speakers, high quality 3.5 jack, sd card storage??
True, what makes a pro/con or doesn't is highly arbitrary.
BTW NBC is no longer blocked by the Great Firewall, though it's far slower to access than before, hmmm...

kek

no WiFi 7
-
Literally no one cares
short period of guaranteed updates
-
Hmmmm this is fair point
bad selfie quality
-
Another thing no one gives a crap. If you are buying Xperia 1 V, you are paying for the DSLR experience, not for some crappy selfie cam for Instagram
only a single storage configuration
-
Theres micro sd slot.
no accessories included
-
Neither Apple or Samsung include those now.
slow charging
-
Another fair point, except its not a big deal either

back cover fells like plastic
-
lol @ notebookcheck. Thats on purpose to help with grip.

S.Yu

Quote from: kek on June 25, 2023, 17:42:06no WiFi 7
-
Literally no one cares
short period of guaranteed updates
-
Hmmmm this is fair point
bad selfie quality
-
Another thing no one gives a crap. If you are buying Xperia 1 V, you are paying for the DSLR experience, not for some crappy selfie cam for Instagram
only a single storage configuration
-
Theres micro sd slot.
no accessories included
-
Neither Apple or Samsung include those now.
slow charging
-
Another fair point, except its not a big deal either

back cover fells like plastic
-
lol @ notebookcheck. Thats on purpose to help with grip.
No, ground glass is pretty grippy.

waifuwarz

Wish they could get a device to measure power output from the headphone jack at various impedance loads, when ASR tested the mk4 the power output was really low compared to even older mobiles devices.

S.Yu

Quote from: waifuwarz on June 28, 2023, 23:25:45Wish they could get a device to measure power output from the headphone jack at various impedance loads, when ASR tested the mk4 the power output was really low compared to even older mobiles devices.
There are quite a few measurements they should've done but hadn't...for example the jitter and anti-jitter of digitizers.

Corey

I don't understand how the V and IV both have a 5000maH battery, the V has a much higher power draw than the IV under all loads, but the V has much better battery life.

Just Another Guy

Another review that misses the point.
DXO Mark decided it "wouldn't be fair" to use the camera app when reviewing photo quality.

Another reviewer said it was "irrelevant" because you need to know how a camera works....to use a camera!

What nonsense.

I don't actually know why these so-called Tech Experts are unable to understand Sony products.

Truther

Sony needs a new chassis design. Snapdragon hardware will cook but it's cooking too much in this chassis design they've been running. I really wanna see another 1" sensor model and a new Pro-i. I also wanna see them improve the headphone jack power output performance.

KumaHIME

The reported frequency value for the PWM test is wrong. It is supposed to be 480Hz. If you look at the image of the oscilloscope readings, you will notice the average frequency was used instead of the current frequency.
Even then, if there is one thing I have learned using oscilloscopes, never blindly trust the math readings of an oscilloscope. Confirm it by looking at the actual waveform shown by the oscilloscope.
In the scope images provided, you can see the peaks repeat every 2 subdivisions and on the top left of the scope, 1ms per subdivision is reported. This means each peak is roughly 2ms apart. f = 1/0.002s = 500Hz, but since 2ms is just a rough estimate, actual frequency lines up with the "current frequency" value reported by the scope.
No one will probably read this because the review is months old now but I have seen this review's reported PWM frequency reported wherever else I have looked. I really want Notebookcheck to report correct values instead of rushing things as Notebookcheck is one of the only places that provides the values with oscilloscope screenshots, which I do appreciate.

Stratospheric

Actually, we are reading this and thank you for commenting. I've been trying to determine if this diplay is any more eye friendly than everything else that is on offer. I'm currently sick of Amoled.   

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview