News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Watch Ultimate smartwatch review - High-end deep-dive

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2023, 12:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

What comes after Pro and Ultra? Ultimate! With the Watch Ultimate, Huawei is aiming for the smartwatch Olympics. Diving depths of up to 100 meters and an expedition mode are both on board. But, with its classy smartwatch, has the manufacturer managed to deliver the perfect package for sports and everyday use?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Watch-Ultimate-smartwatch-review-High-end-deep-dive.726726.0.html

Simon Jacobs

I just read your review about the Huawei Ultimate. I have been experiencing a problem with the expedition mode on my new Huawei Ultimate watch.

The expedition mode function is not visible on current live or beta versions of the Huawei Health App. Did you actually sync and view expedition records in the app? There also seems to be a huge bug that crashes the synchronization function completely between the watch and the health app if any expedition activity is recorded on the Ultimate and then a sync is attempted. Sync can then only be restored by factory resetting the watch!

I called Huawei and they suggested it may be a regional restriction like for some of the extended medical functions but  this doesn't make any sense otherwise we couldn't go on expeditions in other countries in the first place!

Any information that could shed some light on what you discovered while reviewing the watch or what I am possibly doing wrong would be appreciated. Or maybe even an alternate contact at Huawei who might be able to explain why the expedition mode is missing in the health app at the moment.

Benedikt Winkel

Hi Simon,

thank you very much for your comment.
In the test, I had no problems with the synchronization between the smartwatch and the Huawei Health app - not even in expedition mode.

The expedition mode records appear as workouts in the app. We have tested the watch in Germany, whether the scope of functions or the function differs between the countries, I do not know.

If you have the latest software installed and have already performed a factory reset, I would suggest sending the watch to the manufacturer or retailer to have it checked. Especially with the high price, the smartwatch should work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview