News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 7a review - The near-perfect mid-range smartphone

Started by Redaktion, June 18, 2023, 18:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the release of the Pixel 7a, Google have updated and improved on their mid-range series - not only in terms of processor choice, but also with brand-new features. Furthermore, the Android smartphone is sure to impress thanks to its great battery life and long update supply.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-7a-review-The-near-perfect-mid-range-smartphone.726470.0.html

Markiz

This is easily the biggest shill review I've seen here yet.
Randomly picked competition, to show it in a better light.
Too much emphasis on stuff people don't really care about at all (software updates past 2 years), and huge shortcomings, like abysmal battery life, are even spun as positive?

If a journalist likes a particular brand, it should not be THIS obvious.

Cindy

Well I see these kind of favorable reviews everywhere about this phone.  I bought one thinking this would be a great phone.  Well I hate this phone.  It can't charge on regular charging cables.  It runs out of battery all the  time you have to be recharging it constantly.  There's so many problems with it I can't even deal with it. Thanks Google.  I'm getting an iphone as soon as I can afford it.  Oh and also they lowered the price $400 after I bought mine for $900.  Wow I was soooo ripped off. 

Swizzy

Bogheanicus

First. The diff in price between 7a-6a is not worthy in a million years.

Second. Geekbench is compromised. To see the degree you will have to run some BlisOS on a x86 and compare it with the scores you get on the Desktop Compiled ... It's simply astonishing ! But, either way, they simply messed it entirely just on an Android vs Android basis.

4500+ Single Core ?! Are you Crazy ? Not even the best Threadripper can do that !

Third. The guys that also commented here are perfectly right. Such a shame that greed is so obviously. A flagship should cost maximum 500 euros, considering Everything ! The Realities beneath the entire business model and the Actual costs.

+ I actually wait to buy a proper phone without Cameras ! Goddamnly wondering about the price ! And even without 'AI' Cores ! Those AI cores should pay us, considering how they are actually used.

Neenyah

Quote from: Bogheanicus on June 19, 2023, 12:36:264500+ Single Core ?! Are you Crazy ? Not even the best Threadripper can do that !
Geekbench 4.1 - 4.4, it clearly says. 1036 in Geekbench 5.4 and 1428 in Geekbench 6.1, both also clearly written in the article.

Btw, Threadripper is pretty meh in single core performance though but for the comparion it has around 2000 in single core in Geekbench 6.x: browser.geekbench.com/search?q=5995WX.

i9 13900K has around 3000 in single core: browser.geekbench.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=13900K

Q

No 3.5 headphone jack... With jack included it would habmve been perfect phone for me... 🫣

Ankesh

Quote from: Cindy on June 19, 2023, 03:44:58Well I see these kind of favorable reviews everywhere about this phone.  I bought one thinking this would be a great phone.  Well I hate this phone.  It can't charge on regular charging cables.  It runs out of battery all the  time you have to be recharging it constantly.  There's so many problems with it I can't even deal with it. Thanks Google.  I'm getting an iphone as soon as I can afford it.  Oh and also they lowered the price $400 after I bought mine for $900.  Wow I was soooo ripped off. 

900 dollars. When did you buy this phone? Is it pixel 7 pro?

Koen

My previous phone was a poco f3. I initially had some negative feelings as well with the charge time of the pixel 7a, and battery life. Which felt like a downgrade. But now after 3 weeks, battery life is ok. I think I was using the phone more in the first week. Still at 90Hz. Now it lasts a day for me. I have battery saver going on from 30%. The phone is snappy and the software is perfect. I charge before going to sleep (adaptive charging since the latest updated charges till 80% first 2 hours, to 100% just before you wake up (it calculates that based on usage) to keep battery happy).

If you are using your phone extensively with lot's of screen time or gaming, you will need a power bank or recharge during the day, and ultimately this will frustrate you and you will be happier with another phone that charges with 50 watt or more.

Ultimately, google should invest in / enable faster charging as well. Once you get used to fast charging, like I was, it takes a couple of weeks to get used to slower charging. And I think, as you can see in reviews, most people don't wait 3 weeks and spew out their initial feelings. I think there is no way around it, google and also apple must go forward and let their phones charge faster. My super old Oneplus 5 is 5 years old with faster charging and still lasted a day, so the argument of long battery life is a bit outdated? Anyway now also the EU will make a bill that will need every phone to have an easy replaceable battery, probably in 5 years or so all phones might have an easy to remove cover and battery.

still bad

Still weird PWM modulation as pixel 6a. I dislike that phone a lot. Still tensor G2. I dislike too, not easy on battery. The android said to be lgithweight, was buggy and not very smart user friendly on the 6a, same OS again. Also Google's IA compute engine leaking, search bar, and many 'services' I absolutely don't want but you can't disable.
 Many claim its great camera. Idk, I don't like the edgy sample pictures I see there and there. It's design is a hit and miss. I would like it to be good but,
A huge miss to me, overall.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview