News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony unveils new 50MP LYTIA mobile device image sensors

Started by Redaktion, June 16, 2023, 19:18:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has released details on each of its latest CMOS image sensors for devices such as smartphones. They are all under the OEM's new LYTIA brand, and are also of the "most versatile" 50MP resolution. The new LYTx00 series range from sensors intended for selfie cameras to a premium 1-inch flagship for main rear cameras.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-unveils-new-50MP-LYTIA-mobile-device-image-sensors.726459.0.html

vrvly

Xiaomi 13 ultra on better specs would be great, it's just that new 200mp sensor is too exotic by killing the 50s in detail even when using the same resolution.
As for superwide and tele lens it may be great. Main camera and super tele on 200mp would definitely grab a way way more attention.
About as much as IR cameras which are quite niche now.

S.Yu

Just as I thought Sony walked back on their naming system...the screenclip says they didn't, you just refused to respect their choice of using a non-misleading nomenclature, adding "inch" where there is none.

DemonHulk666

Quote from: S.Yu on June 18, 2023, 18:25:14Just as I thought Sony walked back on their naming system...the screenclip says they didn't, you just refused to respect their choice of using a non-misleading nomenclature, adding "inch" where there is none.
Last I checked, the "inch" thing is an industry thing, not a Sony particular thing, so playing mad at them is silly.

Mr Majestyk

Sony specifically said Lytia is not repalcment for IMX. This sensor tech is not going to be used in dedicated Alpha cameras for example with APS-C or fullframce sensors.

S.Yu

Quote from: DemonHulk666 on June 19, 2023, 02:44:45
Quote from: S.Yu on June 18, 2023, 18:25:14Just as I thought Sony walked back on their naming system...the screenclip says they didn't, you just refused to respect their choice of using a non-misleading nomenclature, adding "inch" where there is none.
Last I checked, the "inch" thing is an industry thing, not a Sony particular thing, so playing mad at them is silly.
You are silly. Sony explicitly removed the "inch" from the system, while this person here thought it ok to disregard that and add back the "inch". If you still don't know where you're wrong you need this site: www.sony-semicon.com

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview