News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen 17 gaming laptop with Intel i7-13700HX and Nvidia RTX 4090 drops to US$2,359.99

Started by Redaktion, June 16, 2023, 17:21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The discounted configuration also comes with 16 GB of DDR5-4800 RAM, 512 GB NVMe SSD storage, 17.3-inch IPS screen with 1440p resolution and 165 Hz refresh rate, a Thunderbolt 4 connector and a full-size SD card reader.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-17-gaming-laptop-with-Intel-i7-13700HX-and-Nvidia-RTX-4090-drops-to-US-2-359-99.726361.0.html

RobertJasiek

Assuming for a moment that price were the only consideration, recent RTX 4000 Laptop prices render those of the initial months absurd. Every manufacturer started with ultimate, insulting greed with prices up to thousands beyond what they should be. I haved bowed to the market and built a desktop instead. Now that notebook prices start to become somewhat reasonable, it is too late. Congratulations - you manufacturers have convinced me not to buy your greed-drunken products! A desktop easily lasts 10 years so do not expect me to feed you soon. Your initial greed must be enough to feed you for this time.

S.Yu

Quote from: RobertJasiek on June 16, 2023, 20:36:57Assuming for a moment that price were the only consideration, recent RTX 4000 Laptop prices render those of the initial months absurd. Every manufacturer started with ultimate, insulting greed with prices up to thousands beyond what they should be. I haved bowed to the market and built a desktop instead. Now that notebook prices start to become somewhat reasonable, it is too late. Congratulations - you manufacturers have convinced me not to buy your greed-drunken products! A desktop easily lasts 10 years so do not expect me to feed you soon. Your initial greed must be enough to feed you for this time.
This price is really good...but only the price, when considering the graphics. I suppose the mobile 4090 coming to premium midrange is a welcome diversification, but this model is not a package competitive with most of the earlier models.

RobertJasiek

I had some hopes for HP Open and its useful keyboard layout (CHECK) until I saw it in a store and touched the wobbly arrow keys (FAIL)...

NikoB

And you did exactly the right thing - if you bought everything right. You now have a quiet desktop, comfortable in games. With an easy upgrade of anything. And laptop manufacturers punished themselves - sales fell for everyone, without exception, with their insane consumption cheating and insane noise. With bad screens instead of universal 4k@120Hz and bad keyboards and stupid greed with ports and their location.

So they need it, let them go to hell and into the abyss with sales.

My last desktop has been serving me for almost 14 years at 42% overclocking and perfectly pulls everything except modern games (but I don't play for a long time and I don't care) and 4k video, and that's because I had no desire to buy a new video card with 4k support decoding. That is, my costs in the end will come down to a video card and the forced installation of W10 LTSC, if I suddenly need it. However, I have a laptop that easily pulls 4K and it is also almost 5 years old ...

Buying wildly noisy stupid and overpriced at times laptops with 4070-4090 is an idiotic undertaking for everyone who, for some reason, does not critically care about this power (along with wild noise) on the road ...

LL

This unit would be great for my Blender render and Unreal Engine work. If they sold it in Europe...

Which is another issue that irks me in this industry.
Seems that i will continue with my Lenovo for the time being and HP lost a sell...

S.Yu

Quote from: NikoB on June 17, 2023, 12:45:41And you did exactly the right thing - if you bought everything right. You now have a quiet desktop, comfortable in games. With an easy upgrade of anything. And laptop manufacturers punished themselves - sales fell for everyone, without exception, with their insane consumption cheating and insane noise. With bad screens instead of universal 4k@120Hz and bad keyboards and stupid greed with ports and their location.

So they need it, let them go to hell and into the abyss with sales.

My last desktop has been serving me for almost 14 years at 42% overclocking and perfectly pulls everything except modern games (but I don't play for a long time and I don't care) and 4k video, and that's because I had no desire to buy a new video card with 4k support decoding. That is, my costs in the end will come down to a video card and the forced installation of W10 LTSC, if I suddenly need it. However, I have a laptop that easily pulls 4K and it is also almost 5 years old ...

Buying wildly noisy stupid and overpriced at times laptops with 4070-4090 is an idiotic undertaking for everyone who, for some reason, does not critically care about this power (along with wild noise) on the road ...
You seem to ignore the fact that a difference of ~500W in system power could mean necessitating AC where otherwise unnecessary. This is a hot year, and there are quite a few of them predicted to come.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview