News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook 16s 2023 review - Multimedia laptop now with a brighter 3:2 display

Started by Redaktion, June 15, 2023, 04:27:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the MateBook 16s, Huawei offers large multimedia laptops with Intel processors. Now in 2023, it includes the current Core i9 of the Raptor Lake H series and a brighter display. In our test, the premium laptop from China shows its many strengths and few weaknesses.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-16s-2023-review-Multimedia-laptop-now-with-a-brighter-3-2-display.725878.0.html

LL

NikoB

This piece from Huawei for more than $1700 does not cause normal buyers anything but Homeric laughter in 2023.

No minimum 32GB, no 2TB SSD (and they cost a penny and we are already talking about 4TB models as the minimum norm in laptops with this price for 2023!), no cold and exactly the same speed Ryzen 9 7940HS with two bulit-in USB40 (left and right) with support for DP2.0+ (unfortunately only UHBR10, not 20) and HDMI 2.1. With powerful built-in gpu running lpddr5 7500 GTX1650 level.

The screen is disgraceful. Even though it's glossy, it doesn't have the 2000:1 contrast ratio found in IPS smartphones. He even failed the test for the claimed 1500:1, as well as for the quality of the calibration from the factory. The response time is horrendous, resulting in messy text scrolling and trailing behind fast-moving objects. Color rendition is poor. Not even 100% sRGB, let alone give at least 90% AdobeRGB.

Some problems with PWM complete the picture.

Moreover, this is not even a sample from the store, but a "test" presented by the manufacturer. Those. the review is essentially meaningless, this is not a mass-produced retail sample.

We are waiting for this model from Huawei with a full-fledged keyboard with a numpad like in the popular (for this reason) D16 2022, a matte IPS 4k@120Hz screen, with 90% + Adobe RGB / 100% DCI-P3 with a response time of no more than 7mc on G2G / B2W and 1500:1 contrast with multi-row backlight (we don't need a buggy miniLED) and 7940HS with LPDDR5 7500 32Gb / 2Tb, for exactly the same money. Then Huawei can count on high sales in the world.

It is obligatory to support power supply at the rear via usb-c or main power supply with a round angled plug on the side (or rear) or 2 usb-c - left and right with USB40/PD/DP2.0+.
Plus 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 ports also left and right and RJ45 2.5Gbps - it costs a penny and is very important in the office. Without it, the laptop cannot be connected to the corporate network.

We are also waiting for the same (from all manufacturers), but with a matte IPS 18" (LG "Black IPS" 2000:1) 4k@120-144Hz for a home where weight is already insignificant, but silence is important at maximum performance and of course with power in the back with a long power cord to drag it over sofas and beds - i.e. large and heavy radiators with large coolers in diameter.

Godwinsol

thunder

Quote from: NikoB on June 15, 2023, 10:40:57This piece from Huawei for more than $1700 does not cause normal buyers anything but Homeric laughter in 2023.

No minimum 32GB, no 2TB SSD (and they cost a penny and we are already talking about 4TB models as the minimum norm in laptops with this price for 2023!), no cold and exactly the same speed Ryzen 9 7940HS with two bulit-in USB40 (left and right) with support for DP2.0+ (unfortunately only UHBR10, not 20) and HDMI 2.1. With powerful built-in gpu running lpddr5 7500 GTX1650 level.

The screen is disgraceful. Even though it's glossy, it doesn't have the 2000:1 contrast ratio found in IPS smartphones. He even failed the test for the claimed 1500:1, as well as for the quality of the calibration from the factory. The response time is horrendous, resulting in messy text scrolling and trailing behind fast-moving objects. Color rendition is poor. Not even 100% sRGB, let alone give at least 90% AdobeRGB.

Some problems with PWM complete the picture.

Moreover, this is not even a sample from the store, but a "test" presented by the manufacturer. Those. the review is essentially meaningless, this is not a mass-produced retail sample.

We are waiting for this model from Huawei with a full-fledged keyboard with a numpad like in the popular (for this reason) D16 2022, a matte IPS 4k@120Hz screen, with 90% + Adobe RGB / 100% DCI-P3 with a response time of no more than 7mc on G2G / B2W and 1500:1 contrast with multi-row backlight (we don't need a buggy miniLED) and 7940HS with LPDDR5 7500 32Gb / 2Tb, for exactly the same money. Then Huawei can count on high sales in the world.

It is obligatory to support power supply at the rear via usb-c or main power supply with a round angled plug on the side (or rear) or 2 usb-c - left and right with USB40/PD/DP2.0+.
Plus 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 ports also left and right and RJ45 2.5Gbps - it costs a penny and is very important in the office. Without it, the laptop cannot be connected to the corporate network.

We are also waiting for the same (from all manufacturers), but with a matte IPS 18" (LG "Black IPS" 2000:1) 4k@120-144Hz for a home where weight is already insignificant, but silence is important at maximum performance and of course with power in the back with a long power cord to drag it over sofas and beds - i.e. large and heavy radiators with large coolers in diameter.
++++1 ++++1
We all think the same and we agree with you. You have argued it perfectly that is why people do not buy Huawei
I don't understand neither the high price nor the intel Xe graphics which hasn't been updated in 4 years and it's impossible to play AAA games and render 3D
The question why Huawei does not build with AMD Zen 4 Phoenix APU with iGPU RDNA 3 we do not need more, thousands of ultrabooks with this APU and prices should appear here without exceeding $1,200 and it would be a bestseller like the one I have seen and Acer has surprised me swift edge 16 (sfe16-43) that surprised me because it has Wiiffi 7 + RDNA 3 + DDR5 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. You don't need more because you have EVERYTHING.

Neenyah

So AMD can put time and resources into shilling bots (same as USAcomputers, Juliasomething etc.), as shown right above my comment, and those bots just copy/paste the same thing over and over again, but they can't put time and efforts to bring those CPUs to the market in time. Interesting.

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on June 15, 2023, 17:17:42but they can't put time and efforts to bring those CPUs to the market in time. Interesting.
Hello troll!

AMD does not care about the laptop and desktop market now - the main profit in the market of server chips and set-top boxes.

Here they are cynically waiting for manufacturers to sell lots of old junk on Zen2/3/3+.

Plus, they simply can't saturate the market with cheap Zen4s. They don't have the same amount of resources at TSMC that Intel has in their factories. Therefore, AMD apparently no longer cares much that it has begun to lose market share on desktop and laptop processors.

People get tired of waiting and buy Intel. Moreover, there is also a TB4 port, almost always, unlike AMD versions, and this is the only way today to connect a 4k@144Hz monitor in both 24-bit and 30-bit colors, because. HDMI 2.1 ports on current versions of monitors have been cut down by their manufacturers from 48 Gbps to 24, i.e. only 4k@120 24-bit mode works, but people buy a 144Hz monitor..

So it's not surprising that, having figured out the nuances, people buy Intel, despite the fact that AMD Zen3+/Zen4 is much more energy efficient.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on June 15, 2023, 19:03:46Hello troll!

blablabla

See, you are literally incapable of reading. I will repeat myself again:

Quote from: Neenyah on June 15, 2023, 17:17:42as shown right above my comment

Are you the "person" right above my comment?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview