News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Cybertruck is ugliest vehicle in memory for storied Ferrari and BMW designer as Lucid Air gets praise

Started by Redaktion, June 12, 2023, 17:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The man who designed signature vehicles for Ferrari, Maserati, or BMW, is of the opinion that Tesla's Cybertruck is one of the ugliest vehicles he has ever laid eyes on. He blames the digital transition of design schools and aiming at shock value for some of the current questionable car designs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cybertruck-is-ugliest-vehicle-in-memory-for-storied-Ferrari-and-BMW-designer-as-Lucid-Air-gets-praise.725404.0.html

Pooh Sheisty

BMW havent made a good looking car in 20 years, and Ferraris are just ugly boomer status symbols like Rolexes

Whatever this "designer" doesn't like probably will be great

S.Yu

Hmmm, while the Quattroporte leaves a good impression, I'm no fan of any Mini in history, and I share similar sentiment in that then-supercars of more than half a century old are often either mediocre, or intensely ugly. Ancient Rolls Royce models and that Honda (IIRC) with the tinted glass windows come to mind.

julian.vdm

QuoteNow, they mostly type in a set of commands in software and the computer gives them a shape that looks like a car, which they then work on. That is the root of the problem for some of the questionable car designs we've seen in recent years.

While I certainly agree that the Cybertruck is a monstrosity, as are many other car designs, this quote from the guy is a bit out of touch. As someone that studied industrial design, there's a lot of pencil and paper drawing still going on, and CAD is actually treated as a tool. I think a lot of designers might be a bit uninspired, and there's a lot of copy-paste action going on, but to misrepresent CAD modelling like that is honestly kind of offensive.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview