News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla frenemy BYD pegs self-driving a pipe dream as it vows EV market dominance in 3-5 years

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2023, 15:29:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

All automakers only have a 3-5 years window to figure out electric vehicles and make it on the other side unscathed during the transition, according to Tesla's biggest competitor. For BYD, the hard part is over and it only sees growth on the horizon, while its CEO says full self-driving will never happen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-frenemy-BYD-pegs-self-driving-a-pipe-dream-as-it-vows-EV-market-dominance-in-3-5-years.724990.0.html

Hunter2020

I want my first EV in North America to be BYD.  Hope they can make it there seeing how North America is so unfriendly to Huawei.  As for what I think of Tesla, they're like Apple, while BYD is like Huawei.  iPhones will always have features and photography abilities second rate to Huawei phones!  Nobody deserves to be King of smafos except Huawei...

indy

Not quite sure Tesla's QA matches Apple's in that comparison. Can't remember the last iPhone with seams not fitting or color not painted on right.

Jobs did have an acerbic personality almost like Musk, however.

A

Why is BYD a frenemy? Tesla clearly welcomes more EVs. Competition, sure. But that doesn't make you enemies.

Quote from: Hunter2020 on June 09, 2023, 17:35:15I want my first EV in North America to be BYD.  Hope they can make it there seeing how North America is so unfriendly to Huawei.  As for what I think of Tesla, they're like Apple, while BYD is like Huawei.  iPhones will always have features and photography abilities second rate to Huawei phones!  Nobody deserves to be King of smafos except Huawei...

BYD would have to set up a factory in US. Because the tax credit requires domestic made content to be eligible. Many of the lower end ones also won't pass US safety testing

That said, Tesla makes better cars than BYD. Mostly because right now the market is still developing unlike smartphones which pretty much the market stagnated

Quote from: indy on June 09, 2023, 20:21:21Not quite sure Tesla's QA matches Apple's in that comparison. Can't remember the last iPhone with seams not fitting or color not painted on right.

Jobs did have an acerbic personality almost like Musk, however.

Making cars are a lot harder than making phones. Also Tesla makes most of their stuff in-house or at least partners in-house where as Apple outsources. The first iphones were pretty much Samsung phones who did most of the work. Apple just did the design, software and put their logo on it

That isn't to say there weren't QA issues like the famous bending issue or antenna issues.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview