News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Reformed Tesla owner highlights fatal Volkswagen ID.4 software flaws in long-term review

Started by Redaktion, June 06, 2023, 20:59:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

E for Electric on YouTube has released a two-year experience owning a Volkswagen ID.4, explaining that, although there are a number of truly beneficial aspects of the electric SUV, some of the drawbacks are untenable. After having owned the ID.4 for two years, these persistent issues ultimately led him to sell the car, and the industry move towards the software-defined vehicle means that these types of glitches are only going to become more common.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Reformed-Tesla-owner-highlights-fatal-Volkswagen-ID-4-software-flaws-in-long-term-review.724011.0.html

Ish

Eric Weis

This is an excellent article. I too was a very early adopter of the VW ID.4, in 2021. I took delivery of one of the very first AWD Pro S models in my area.

My experience has been nearly identical to the writer's review. The long promised software update (from version 2.0 to 3.0) added a few minor bells and whistles, but seems to have slowed charging performance and introduced SW bugs that were not experienced with the original SW version.

Bottom line. The newer ID.4 models being built in Chattanooga have fewer problems, but their charging performance is no longer competitive with other newer models. I would not buy an ID.4 if I were looking for an EV today.

If VW wants a chunk of the American EV market, it will need to improve the tech specs of its newer models and drastically improve its customer support.

ricegf

VW needs to switch to the North American Charging Standard as well. The Combined Charging System Type 1 they are currently using is going the way of CHAdeMO by 2025.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview