News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Double trouble: Lenovo Yoga Book 9i 2-in-1 Dual Screen OLED convertible review

Started by Redaktion, May 31, 2023, 09:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We've all seen the dual-screen Asus ZenBook and VivoBook laptops, but Lenovo is taking it one step further by replacing the keyboard and clickpad altogether with a 13.3-inch OLED touchscreen. It works for the most part if you can deal with the limited customization options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Double-trouble-Lenovo-Yoga-Book-9i-2-in-1-Dual-Screen-OLED-convertible-review.720469.0.html

NikoB

60Hz PWM?! Resolution in color is 2 times lower than stated?! Unable to calibrate the screen?!
Shameful 1100 parrots in CBR15 in PL1 mode for 2023 with "i7"? And what about that crazy noise? $2000 and shameful 16GB instead of 64GB RAM?! Without a GTX4060 level discrete card?!

I'm giving this garbage a price of $700. This is the maximum that someone wants to pay for it and at the same time agree to sit behind a 60Hz PWM screen that is harmful to the nervous system and retina.

But if you think with your head, this laptop goes to the trash can (or under the bulldozer) - the whole series at once. Amen.

Skif

An expensive, non-servicable "toy". Not even a basic headphone jack in the connectivity. I cannot see this device as a " Jack of all trades", its MUCH cheaper to get the laptop and the tablet separately. Well, unless you need a windows tablet. Or you are travelling a lot and heavily limited in terms of weight. An "innovation" for a whopping $2000, take it or leave it

rahrah

Quote from: NikoB on May 31, 2023, 10:07:2860Hz PWM?! Resolution in color is 2 times lower than stated?! Unable to calibrate the screen?!
Shameful 1100 parrots in CBR15 in PL1 mode for 2023 with "i7"? And what about that crazy noise? $2000 and shameful 16GB instead of 64GB RAM?! Without a GTX4060 level discrete card?!

I'm giving this garbage a price of $700. This is the maximum that someone wants to pay for it and at the same time agree to sit behind a 60Hz PWM screen that is harmful to the nervous system and retina.

But if you think with your head, this laptop goes to the trash can (or under the bulldozer) - the whole series at once. Amen.
Not everyone needs or wants a super hydro-jet RGB everywhere gaming laptop that could heat a mansion with it's 409000XXXTX 1 million GB Vram. Many people want versatility, portability, and dual monitor function in a sleek body and if you can't understand how hard it is to design and engineer that, then there's no hope for you. If anything, it's pretty lazy for OEMs to build a 2ft wide 5in thick rectangular box and shove every gamer niche spec in it and call it a day. It takes real innovation to break the mold and reimagine the laptop form factor.

julia_beautiful

Quote from: NikoB on May 31, 2023, 10:07:2860Hz PWM?! Resolution in color is 2 times lower than stated?! Unable to calibrate the screen?!

+1 True what you say and this INTEL GEN 13 laptop without AI Artificial Intelligence coming out next year the future Windows 12 and the new Direct XII APIs all focused on AI Artificial intelligence.
Here AMD has advanced to intel + RDNA 3 more than enough for 90% of mortals unless you are a gamer for that a tower.
Surprise and Hit at the ACER table an Ultrabook with Zen 4 7040 Phoenix + Wiffi 7 + OLED at 120HZ + 2 USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 UUUffffff this becomes an ULTRABOOK BEST SELLER Swift_Edge_16_SFE16
I think I saw it here on notebookcheck.

NikoB

I don't care about this commercial fraud of suckers on neural networks, because they require locally terabytes of RAM and terabytes per second of memory pumping at the very least to do any useful work. Now the bandwidth of AMD RAM (which is 6 times worse than the 512-bit Apple M2 Max memory controller) is divided between the built-in, the neural block, a bunch of devices on the pci-e bus and OS/software. Obviously this won't work. It's all a scam for money and nothing more to sell you more expensive obsolete moral trash x86.

It would be better if AMD developers focused on creating a memory controller for 512-1024 bits and 500GByte/s-1TByte/s throughput in an ordinary laptop, and not engaged in outright nonsense.

YUKI93

Not sure if I'd take the OLED screen. I always prefer IPS LCD over OLED because it's easier on my eyes and cheaper to repair. Nevertheless, as someone who currently daily driving an LG V50 with its detachable Dual Screen case, this is undoubtedly my next Windows laptop. A dual display is still way more practical than a foldable screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview