News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla recalls record-breaking 1.1 million vehicles in China over regenerative braking issue

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2023, 23:37:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Chinese government has forced Tesla to issue its largest recall in the country so far. The recall in question addresses accidents allegedly caused by driver confusion that seems to be linked to Tesla's one-pedal driving mode — a problem that could be resolved via an OTA update. All of the brand's vehicles in China seem to be subject to the recall, which goes into effect on May 29, 2023.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-recalls-record-breaking-1-1-million-vehicles-in-China-over-regenerative-braking-issue.717247.0.html

anan

Having previously read about those "phantom acceleration" issues in China I think it is plausible that this was an operator mistake. If they drive for a while using one pedal and they need to make an emergency breaking maneuver then it might lead to this problem. I was driven once by someone who mainly drove a manual. After a long highway stretch on cruise control on an automatic they needed to stop at a gas station. They then proceeded to depress the break as if it was a clutch. Meaning hard breaking on a highway. That was not fun at all.
But it is strange that there were so many of these problems in China considering a lot of other cars provide this one pedal driving option.

S.Yu

Quote from: anan on May 15, 2023, 10:19:31Having previously read about those "phantom acceleration" issues in China I think it is plausible that this was an operator mistake. If they drive for a while using one pedal and they need to make an emergency breaking maneuver then it might lead to this problem. I was driven once by someone who mainly drove a manual. After a long highway stretch on cruise control on an automatic they needed to stop at a gas station. They then proceeded to depress the break as if it was a clutch. Meaning hard breaking on a highway. That was not fun at all.
But it is strange that there were so many of these problems in China considering a lot of other cars provide this one pedal driving option.
Interesting, I've never heard of this one pedal option before Tesla, such that I thought Tesla invented it....

julian.vdm

Quote from: anan on May 15, 2023, 10:19:31Having previously read about those "phantom acceleration" issues in China I think it is plausible that this was an operator mistake. If they drive for a while using one pedal and they need to make an emergency breaking maneuver then it might lead to this problem. I was driven once by someone who mainly drove a manual. After a long highway stretch on cruise control on an automatic they needed to stop at a gas station. They then proceeded to depress the break as if it was a clutch. Meaning hard breaking on a highway. That was not fun at all.

Tesla seems to think it's also operator error, hence the new warning when the accelerator is floored. I remember the issue being a lot more common (and having a lot more news coverage) when Teslas were just becoming popular.

I did exactly the same idiotic error when I drove my first automatic after driving manual my whole life. Very jarring. Breaking habits is way more difficult than it ought to be.

TCK

It's not like recalling all the cars physically back to the service centres to have the problem solved.
It's done with OTA software apps.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview