News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia RTX 50 GB102 Blackwell early internal performance gains only in range of Pascal to Turing and not 2.6x from AD102, increased SM counts on the anvil

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2023, 21:42:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia's next gen RTX 50 Blackwell with purported 144 SMs isn't reaching ambitious performance gains in internal testing, according to latest rumors. Apparently, Blackwell's performance gains vis-à-vis AD102 are in the range of what we've seen from Pascal to Turing, but Nvidia wants more. This could imply that Nvidia might go for higher SMs counts with GB102 and possibly even a multi-chip module architecture similar to the purported GB100 datacenter GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-RTX-50-GB102-Blackwell-early-internal-performance-gains-only-in-range-of-Pascal-to-Turing-and-not-2-6x-from-AD102-increased-SM-counts-on-the-anvil.716261.0.html

Dude

What is SM? It's good practice to include descriptions of all acronyms at their first use. Shader M
odule? Super Man? Surface Mount? Sticky Mud?

Neenyah

Streaming Multiprocessors. I agree with this though:

Quote from: Dude on May 13, 2023, 15:09:05It's good practice to include descriptions of all acronyms at their first use.

Light

Quote from: Dude on May 13, 2023, 15:09:05What is SM? It's good practice to include descriptions of all acronyms at their first use. Shader M
odule? Super Man? Surface Mount? Sticky Mud?

I'll agree to that.

Mr Majestyk

Ah always good to hear rumors about rumors possibly being false rumors. Anybody that believes Blackwell was going to be 2.6x faster than Lovelace I have a nice Bridge to sell you in Sydney Harbour.

Only another 18 months of fake news to go before Blackwell actually ships

Anonymousgg

I'm mostly interested to see if VRAM continues to creep up, for machine learning workloads.

Maybe we're due for another 8K gaming push.

CZ

Theres enough of unused Lovelace to make another much better version of each card save the 4090.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview