News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Motorola Moto G73 5G review - Brilliant despite its lacklustre display?

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2023, 14:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A 120Hz screen, solid performance, long battery life, a 50MP camera and a stylish design – on paper, the Motorola Moto G73 5G has everything a good mid-tier smartphone needs. For slightly under €300 (US$330), you are also getting an almost stock Android 13 and plenty of storage. As you'll see in our review, however, the 6.5-inch device doesn't always do everything better than its predecessor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Motorola-Moto-G73-5G-review-Brilliant-despite-its-lacklustre-display.714459.0.html

Vadim P

I wish more companies ditched flickering OLED displays in favour of good IPS panels. I was looking for a phone with DisplayPort Alt mode for my glasses, and basically all flagship models had these OLED screens which look cool, but really unpleasant to look at for any prolonged period of time. I'd rather have poor brightness and no HDR than be forced to look at PWM flickering screen multiple times a day. I have LG OLED TV to watch movies, I mostly read from my phone screen and flickering screens just kill my eyes without providing any real benefits.

Abc

QuoteAt the time of this review (late April), however, the company was still behind their update schedule: the last security patches were dated 1 December 2022.

Once again Motorola humiliates itself with software updates when everyone else is improving. Software updates instantly disqualifies anything from Motorola for me. (I don't care about Android updates, but security updates is a must)

Fran

I really like it, but it gives me dry eyes and headaches despite being pwm free and ips, what could be the problem?

Philip Lee

You state in your review "The phone supports VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling." I think this is incorrect because mine doesn't support Wi-Fi calling. There are no setting options to configure it. It is definitely available on the network that I use. I am in the UK, which may be relevant.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview