News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7040U series of laptop processors now official with a Radeon 780M iGPU

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2023, 15:14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has unveiled four new laptop processors, the Ryzen 7 7840U, Ryzen 5 7640U, Ryzen 5 7540U and Ryzen 3 7440U. All four SKUs have a TDP of 15-30 Watts and come with a new RDNA3-based iGPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7040U-series-of-laptop-processors-now-official-with-a-Radeon-780M-iGPU.713688.0.html

Neenyah

QuoteUnfortunately, AMD hasn't specified exactly when laptops powered by the Ryzen 7040U series will hit shelves.

February 2024, probably.

Poster

Quote from: Neenyah on May 03, 2023, 15:46:08
QuoteUnfortunately, AMD hasn't specified exactly when laptops powered by the Ryzen 7040U series will hit shelves.

February 2024, probably.

If the rebadged 7035 zen3+ is any indication, we'll probably see the 7040u zen4 as rebadged zen5 8035u...

I was on the impression you announce a product when it is finished and latest in testing phase with your clients who'll distribute them in their product for an official launch date.

This is two times now and has announced/launched this APU. Where are the Zen4 u apus? Why aren't more tech media outlets calling out AMD in their paper and 1.5 year late launches?

Neenyah

Well said @Poster 👍

But especially this part is...
Quote from: Poster on May 03, 2023, 17:44:43If the rebadged 7035 zen3+ is any indication, we'll probably see the 7040u zen4 as rebadged zen5 8035u...
...a tragicomic truth and the most probable outcome in the end. AMD = Advanced Meme Devices 🙄

usacomputer

We are all waiting for AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = DDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + AI with XDNA architecture developed by Xilinx and all at 4nm vs 10nm from Intel
Now the question will be enough for everyone, because I see in the forums that the demand is very great TSMC will be able to produce for everyone ?????

Neenyah

Quote from: usacomputer on May 03, 2023, 17:56:41Now the question will be enough for everyone, because I see in the forums that the demand is very great TSMC will be able to produce for everyone ?????
While I agree with you, about this part here tbh - I don't think there is THAT great demand at all because people who understand tech and are into tech are in vast minority when compared to regular people who know that "AMD is good because it's cheaper and has better battery" as the most of their tech knowledge.

Which is why AMD continuously pulls this sh*t with trolling us who desire to finally be able to buy those advertised yet nonexistent unicorns; they simply know they can get away with it because those average buyers are going to get whatever is available with a high enough CPU number to sounds like the latest and greatest, no matter what's being repackaged inside.

HC

Why aren't more tech media outlets calling out AMD in their paper and 1.5 year late launches?
[/quote]

I believe Hardware Canucks released a video on youtube a few months back, stating that there would be severe supply / availability issues for ryzen 7000 laptops and that situation wasn't gonna get any better in 2023, so expect delays.

A number of rumour / leak channels (MLID / RedGamingTech / AdoredTV) have mentioned that also the fact that RDNA3 is AMD's first GPU chiplet design, it's causing a number of issues and delays. The fact that desktop RX 7900 series didn't perform as good as originally intended for AMD is just further proof of this.

AHA

File under 'Unobtanium - no sightings in the wild either reported or expected soon.' 🙄

Zakarados

"The entire lineup comes with an RDNA3-based Radeon 780M iGPU"

The whole lineup is getting the 780M, I thought it was only the 7840 which got the 780M.

anan

This comes at a time when PC shipments are falling. AMD will have to vie for a slice of a shrinking market. This in turn can lead to ODMs canceling future designs as a market adjustment.
This could lead to even less actual notebook models being delivered.

AMDiGPUbesto

7840U sounds awesome, I really hope to see atleast some mini pcs, laptops may take much longer.

NikoB

You won't see laptops in mass availability on the 7840U until winter 2024. As usual.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview