News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Geoffrey Hinton leaves Google, warns about AI risks

Started by Redaktion, May 01, 2023, 19:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Known for his work on artificial neural networks, Geoffrey Hinton has been with Google since March 2013, when the tech giant acquired DNNresearch Inc., his company at the time. Earlier today, he announced his departure from Google so he could talk freely about the dangers of AI.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Geoffrey-Hinton-leaves-Google-warns-about-AI-risks.712693.0.html

Aha.
Or he was kicked out of the company, which was bought 10 years ago but never gave any normal work results!

Neenyah

Quote from: 1 on May 01, 2023, 20:10:41Aha.
Or he was kicked out of the company, which was bought 10 years ago but never gave any normal work results!
Kicked by rouge AI?! 😨

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 20:18:15
Quote from: 1 on May 01, 2023, 20:10:41Aha.
Kicked by rouge AI?! 😨
Rouge, rogue, doesn't matter. When AI starts kicking people out of companies, that's the beginning of the end. Sadly, I think that some decisions to "optimize" the workforce in some companies are already at least assisted by AI-driven data analysis. Sure, it's just a speculation and I might be completely wrong, but I guess it will be true at some point in the future if it's not already.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview