News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ferocious AMD Dragon Range laptops with Ryzen 9 APUs and RTX 40 GPUs go on sale in China from the equivalent of just US$1,084

Started by Redaktion, April 29, 2023, 23:37:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A trio of fearsome AMD Dragon Range laptops have appeared on a Chinese retailer, coming courtesy of the manufacturer MECHREVO. The Jiaolong 16 Pro gaming laptops feature either an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX processor or a Ryzen 9 7945HX part and either a GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU or the RTX 4070 Laptop variant. Prices start from the equivalent of around US$1,084.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ferocious-AMD-Dragon-Range-laptops-with-Ryzen-9-APUs-and-RTX-40-GPUs-go-on-sale-in-China-from-the-equivalent-of-just-US-1-084.711289.0.html

A

I hope these dragons and phoenixes come with options of no dGPU... the iGPU is more than plenty for me

Russell

Quote from: A on April 30, 2023, 05:28:17
Quote from: Joy on April 30, 2023, 01:28:59The iGPU of Dragon Range is very weak
More than plenty for me, I just need CPU power

Actually it's just 2 RDNA cores for dragonrange.
Phoenix has enough gpu power, so you'd see them without d-gpu options. In fact I am looking forward to something like Swift edge but with micro led rather than OLED.

Hardware Geek

I just want a 7495 or 7490 in a 2 in 1 tablet with 16GB of RAM for less than $800. I'm half tempted by the Asus ROG Ally with a docking station for multiple monitors an extra USB ports. If they can produce enough supply these would be amazing chips for someone like me who doesn't need it to play games newer than a decade old or older but wants the multi-core performance.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Russell on April 30, 2023, 09:07:22Actually it's just 2 RDNA cores for dragonrange.
Phoenix has enough gpu power, so you'd see them without d-gpu options. In fact I am looking forward to something like Swift edge but with micro led rather than OLED.

Some people really are fine with the 2 CU RDNA2 iGPU. Probably because they are compiling code or something and not playing games.

So they would be fine with a Ryzen 7000 desktop CPU. And if there was a lower-cost Dragon Range option without a dGPU, that would be nice too. Allow it to use an external GPU over USB4, and it can be repurposed later. Not saying that laptop will ever exist, but who knows.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview