News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max rumoured to gain 4K monitor and Thunderbolt 3 support

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2023, 19:37:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to a new report, Apple's transition from Lightning to USB Type-C ports will bring more than just improved interoperability to the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Purportedly, the change will also increase bandwidth by over 80x, allowing Apple to introduce features like external 4K monitor support.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-15-Pro-and-iPhone-15-Pro-Max-rumoured-to-gain-4K-monitor-and-Thunderbolt-3-support.710448.0.html

NikoB

I wrote a lot about the squalor of manufacturers of all smartphones for a long time, with rare exceptions - the power of modern SoCs is such that a smartphone is constantly connected to a power supply unit (with correctly set charging and self-discharge thresholds - for example, 100%->90%(self-discharge)->100%) through the dockstation with DP/HDMI and USB, can easily be used as a light (noiseless) laptop for several years. But this is deliberately not done in most models, although almost all SoCs support DP/HDMI outputs.

I wrote a lot about the squalor of manufacturers of all smartphones for a long time, with rare exceptions - the power of modern SoCs is such that a smartphone is constantly connected to a power supply unit (with correctly set charging and self-discharge thresholds - for example, 100%> 90% (self-discharge)> 100%) through the dock .station with DP/HDMI and USB, can easily be used as a light laptop for several years. But this is deliberately not done in most models, although almost all SoCs support DP/HDMI outputs.

Because the main goal of all manufacturers is that you come to the store for a new model as soon as possible and provide them with uninterrupted profits year after year.

Miffy

NikoB

Almost all manufacturers have long had standard usb-c, but these b*****s, even in mid-range models, do not intentionally output DP/HDMI to the usb-c (typical DP/HDMI Alt Mode), although they are built into the all SoC's.

With a conventional docking usb-c station, you could easily use any smartphone with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse, like a regular PC for surfing, and completely silent from PSU.

But this requires, as I wrote above, the use of a battery like in laptops - with a protective charge threshold of 5-10% minimum, which is not done intentionally, because the lack of a protective threshold is guaranteed to kill any battery with constant recharging.

I know of only one laptop manufacturer that has such a vile practice (according to the owners) with the absence of a protective self-discharge threshold - Huawei. Therefore, I do not recommend buying it laptops if you do not want to be left without a battery in a year while running 100% of the time from the PSU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview