News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's new Yoga Pro 7 14 AMD offers an almost unbeatable value for money

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2023, 20:36:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Yoga Pro 7 is Lenovo's latest 14-inch ultrabook. Featuring a Ryzen 7 7735HS with the snappy Radeon 680M iGPU as well as a matt 2.5K IPS display, even the base model offers excellent value for it €1,129 (US$1,237) price tag.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-new-Yoga-Pro-7-14-AMD-offers-an-almost-unbeatable-value-for-money.709588.0.html

béélaa

It will come with 7X40HS CPU and with RTX 4050 later. My only problem with this laptop is there is no OLED display option. Even the Yoga Pro 9i is out of the OLED league (at least you can opt for a MiniLED display, but only intel CPU). The build quality is absolutely wonderful, but I might go with the new Acer Swift X OLED, (which of course) will only come with intel CPU and the build quality will not be as superb as the Yoga laptop, but that 120Hz OLED display will be amazing

Mr Majestyk

Phoenix, not rebranded Rembrandt apu's or go home.

I have no problem with mini-led vs oled, but not buying any screen with less than 90Hz refresh, wide colour gamut (99%+ AdobeRGB), 600 zones dimming for HDR1000, and 16:10 aspect ratio.

NikoB

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on April 27, 2023, 04:14:32with less than 90Hz refresh
Initially incorrect statement of the requirement. Not a minimum of 90Hz, but a response time of no more than 10ms on G2G / B2W. Frequency is secondary. There are a lot of fake panels even at 240Hz, which in reality cannot render a picture faster than 100fps...

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on April 27, 2023, 04:14:32600 zones dimming for HDR100
Again not true. iPad with miniLED had 4000+ backlight zones but still had defects. Only microLED is analogous to AMOLED. And only flickering AMOLED today can display real HDR content. HDR400-1000 is a fake, a crutch to hide the truth about the inability to use static HDR metadata. IPS/VA/miniLED screens can only work properly with the dynamic version of HDR (included in the HDMI 2.1+ and DP2.0+ standard) and DV.

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on April 27, 2023, 04:14:3299%+ AdobeRGB
Such a color space has a downside - the problem is extremely low-quality implementations of emulation of the standard sRGB color space (Rec.709 for video). Very little attention is paid to this, but even W11 does not know how to work correctly with color profiles at the video driver level (there is no loading of the calibration profile into the video driver and the normal API for controlling the output of images on software demand in sRGB or in the original color space). This causes even W10-11 GUI HDR emulation to be disgusting and not work correctly. How everything should be done has long been known, but M$ deliberately does everything wrong - I can't assume that its developers are complete morons.

Game XGR ᵖʳᶦᶜᵉ/ᵖᵉʳᶠ ᶠᵀᵂ

Quote from: abc on April 25, 2023, 21:53:18If only it had been 40HS instead of 35HS...
I hope they add an option, but it won't have this kind of value, since this is a 6NM chip and that would be 4NM

10basetom

QuoteAfter calibration, the screen is also able to reproduce colours and shades of grey very well.

Most people who buy laptops are not going to go through a screen calibration process, or even be qualified to do it, so laptops should be judged by their uncalibrated screen quality.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview