News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD now 38% off on Amazon

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2023, 16:56:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With sequential read speeds of almost 7,500 MB/s, the insanely fast (and accordingly priced) Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD is now down by 38% on Amazon, so those interested can get it for US$179.99 instead of US$289.99. The 1 TB model is also discounted and currently goes for US$99.99 (down from US$169.99).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-990-PRO-2-TB-PCIe-4-0-SSD-now-38-off-on-Amazon.709523.0.html

NikoB

In light of the scandal with their reliability, Samsung's reputation has fallen significantly, so it will no longer be possible to sell its disks as before with a maximum margin. It's hard to earn a reputation (as well as a mark-up), but it's quick and easy to lose...

Codrut Nistor

What I find absolutely mindblowing is that they come on top of all scandals that would simply destroy other brands. The Note7 epic fail, for example. A few years ago I also read some stuff about some laundry washers that were a disaster as well. I bought one Samsung laundry washer because it offered what most competitors lacked (automatic softener and detergent dispensing) and I also got a deal I couldn't refuse (something like 35-40% off), free shipping included, direct purchase from Samsung Romania. Read the manual carefully, installed it myself, works like a charm. I discovered that most user complaints - at least regarding this model - were caused by people's lack of the minimum decency to read the manual, at least the relevant sections (if it says  "8 kg" on it, you CAN'T WASH 8 kg of jeans or towels at once!!!)
Brands like Intel or Samsung should keep shooting duds for at least a decade to see their market share and global reputation seriously hurt.

TruthIsThere

Wise consumers know now, you know?! They know about the 900 series' huge debacles over the years. They know about Samsung "moon image" tricker. They know about Samsung displays assembled with  collapsing capacitors, etc. in their branded panels... on and on.

So, for those that still trusts Samsung's branded products, well, we will know that too ~2-7-months from their initial purchase from the inherited huge complaints from... everywhere.

NikoB

People pay for a reputation that is not stained.

The main problem is that most buyers do not see the real statistics of brand failures (which should be made legally publicly available to everyone who wants to sell their products in a particular country).

But some large retail chains have begun to independently publish honest failure statistics (which can be seen from the correct correlations of failures of different brands but clearly made in the same factory under different brands), which shows that Samsung is no better than other brands at the same price of goods. And this gives a conscious choice and real competition.

The problem for "premium" brands is that the "middle class" on the planet is rapidly shrinking, and with it their target audience. But poorer (and often less educated) buyers do not care about reputation or important quality parameters - the price of the goods is more important to them.

In general, a savvy shopper will never be loyal to one brand. One year, he will buy from one brand, the next from another, from the one who turns out to be more profitable in terms of quality / price. I've always done just that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview