News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Philips Evnia 34M2C8600 monitor review: Finally a 34-inch, 21:9-ultrawide OLED for gamers

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2023, 17:42:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gaming in 21:9 ultrawide aspect ratio can be very impressive. When working, placing several windows side by side can be handy. So far, there have been mostly suboptimal VA panels and some more expensive IPS representatives. Philips, on the other hand, sends a curved OLED with fast response times, 175 Hz and potentially great colors into the race. We test whether it is worth it for gamers and productive users.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Philips-Evnia-34M2C8600-monitor-review-Finally-a-34-inch-21-9-ultrawide-OLED-for-gamers.708384.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Saad Che on April 20, 2023, 21:05:42Sooooo no vesa mount on a gaming monitor?

I know, progress in work.
Seriously who cares about VESA. How old is you graphics cards, even DVI is a better choice.

Aside from that this is one cheap and nasty looking monitor. Philips are joking.

toto1234

Nicks

Hold on are you telling me you have not seen the 2 Alienware oled 34" and the Samsung?? Why are you treating this screen as the first of its kind??

Mike S

The title speaks of a gaming monitor but the thumbnail shows a movie on the monitor.

Also, has Philips suddenly started making decent products?  I've only ever seen them with low quality budget offerings.

Silvy

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on April 21, 2023, 04:22:15
Quote from: Saad Che on April 20, 2023, 21:05:42Sooooo no vesa mount on a gaming monitor?

I know, progress in work.
Seriously who cares about VESA. How old is you graphics cards, even DVI is a better choice.

Aside from that this is one cheap and nasty looking monitor. Philips are joking.

VESA is actually pretty important as a lot of multi-monitor PC users (such as myself) use monitor arms to increase mounting flexibility and desk space.

Granted, it's less necessary for a big ultrawide that's less likely to be used in multiple, but VESA mounts are still very important for a number of situations that a stand cannot fulfill.

I think you might be mistaking VESA for VGA.

MikeTech

Oh my. Where to even start. One of the worst reviews I've seen on this site (and of this monitor, look around and you'll see). First of all, I agree that the silver front isn't the nicest, but there's no gap on mine. Second, the fan is completely silent. The reviewer is using a laptop(!) only when testing it apparently (and in an uberquiet environment it seems). I have still not heard the fan on mine (have it set to auto), even when it's completely quiet here at home. My (VERY silent) PC either sounds "louder", or the fan on the review unit is faulty.

Third. The off button doesn't accidentally start pixel refresh. It starts pixel refresh when you turn the monitor off and haven't used pixel refresh after the last reminder (which comes first after 4 hours, then every 2 hours). So the reviewer did turn the monitor off, but pixel refresh started just like it's supposed to. After a refresh, you won't be reminded for another 4 hours of use. He mentions the pixel refresh as an annoyance. Well. Yeah. It can be (but it rarely is), and it's to keep the screen from not getting burn-ins. Take care of your oleds people!

It's an Amazing monitor! The 90W usb-c is fantastic, and the built in KVM switch works flawlessly (for me). I use it for both gaming and coding.

MikeTech

I almost forgot. I'm not sure what a commenter above is babbling about. It has a VESA mount AND includes it in the package. I also got ALL cables in the box. DisplayPort cable, HDMI cable, USB-C to USB-C and USB-A (dataport) to regular USB-A. Plus power cable obviously.

And the stand is super easy and fast to attach. You're up and running with this thing in no time. And you can do it solo, without an extra hand.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview