News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14 im Test - Das nahezu perfekte Ultrabook mit AMD Zen3+

Started by Redaktion, April 19, 2023, 15:11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mit dem Yoga Pro 14 bietet Lenovo ein brandneues Ultrabook an, welches sowohl mit AMD- als auch Intel-CPUs und sogar dedizierten RTX-4000-GPUs von Nvidia verfügbar ist. Zusammen mit der tollen Tastatur und dem guten IPS-Display handelt es sich um eines der besten kompakten Notebooks, die es aktuell zu kaufen gibt.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Lenovo-Yoga-Pro-7-14-im-Test-Das-nahezu-perfekte-Ultrabook-mit-AMD-Zen3.707589.0.html

RobertJasiek

Nahezu perfekt ist übertrieben bei kleinen Pfeiltasten, Kamerabuckel, langsamen Displayreaktionszeiten und hoher DPC-Latenz.

Schnitzelrudi

Ich verstehe nicht, warum, wenn schon soldered, auf einmal keine 32gb konfigurierbare Version angeboten wird. Wie schwer kann es eigentlich sein.

Einerseits jammern alle wegen Ressourcen und, brüsten sich mit green footprint und co, bauen aber seit zig Generationen immer mehr Geräte, welche man kaum warten und reparieren bzw Speicher tauschen kann.

Bei den Handys rudern sie ja schön langsam wieder zurück zu den austauschbaren Akkus. Solange so große Firmen so planen und viel Potential verschleudern, fragt man sich wie lange wir brauchen um mal endlich da hin zu kommen wo wir seit vor der Pandemie längst hätten sein müssen.

Hast

Leider ein IPS mit IPS-Glow. Nicht schön fürs Auge, wenn man mal nicht frontal drauf schaut. Das geht halt besser.
Und soweit ich das sehe, sind 16 GB RAM auch die Maximalkonfiguration. Wer mehr als Office + Produktivarbeiten machen will, stößt da schnell an Grenzen.

Ich warte da noch auf das Slim 7 im August (Zen 4, OLED und 32 GB RAM).

NikoB

Quote from: Hast on April 19, 2023, 17:15:21OLED und 32 GB RAM).
What kind of crazy nonsense are you writing here. This model has an excellent IPS contrast of ~1500:1. This is the top level. And it does not flicker and it is not glossy and it has full color resolution and it does not burn out, like all AMOLEDs are 2 times faster and it is perfectly calibrated to dE less than 2, which cannot be achieved with most AMOLED screens from NB review - i.e. they are simply not suitable for professional work with color.

Nobody needs a nasty AMOLED with flicker low frequency PWM. In daylight, IPS always wins over AMOLED, and at night it makes no sense to look at such a small screen. In addition, with 1500:1, even in complete darkness, movies and TV shows will look completely normal and that's enough.

Where do so many illiterate townsfolk who believe in "coolness", in reality, extremely harmful to the eyes AMOLED screens come from..

It feels like marketers have brainwashed a certain part of the population ...

Hast

1. IPS glow looks terrible! Just look at the images taken to demonstrate off-angle viewing. There are no ATW polarizers.
2. ~1500:1 is good only for IPS. In the dark, black will look like a bright grey. But I would not care about that, it looks okay once you turn on some electrical light (still not as good als OLED of course).
3. Burnin in OLEDs is a big disadvantage for Desktop like usage, that is why I would prefer IPS + ATW polarizers. But as you can find barely notebooks with ATW IPS these days, I will still go for OLED and try to work around that issue, simply because I cannot stand bad viewing angles.
4. I do not do professional work with colors (but I´m sure there OLED displays around that are perfectly calibrated)
5. I do not care about PWM (in my whole life I have never seen anyone complaining about PWM, if he had not read about it before)
6. Matte/non-glossy display completely detroys picture quality. Never will I use that for picture quality sensitive content! Big disadvantage!

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Hast on April 19, 2023, 19:41:41in my whole life I have never seen anyone complaining about PWM, if he had not read about it before

You prove that you do not read this forum regularly and carefully. (There have been people with health problems, whom must be informed about the PWM cause.)

NikoB

There are IPS on the market with excellent viewing angles, I have seen such. Unfortunately, the laptop is not put at all 178/178 (and without cheating).
Otherwise, these are typical statements of a sectarian like Apple sectarians.

Hast

Quote from: RobertJasiek on April 19, 2023, 21:20:40You prove that you do not read this forum regularly and carefully. (There have been people with health problems, whom must be informed about the PWM cause.)

Those are people that have read about it in the review articles. That is exactly what I was not talking about (except they talk about it only in retrospective).

You almost never see this kind of claims in review articles not mentioning possible PWM effects (saying something like, I bought it and got headache/eye strain/... from this particular smartphone/notebook/monitor but not from others and I don´t know why). If you ever read it in comments it´s either the article explaining it or users that are able to name (and thus know about) the concept.
This at least is my experience.

I´m not saying that this effect does not exist at all. More like that if it exists, only a very small percentage of the population is affected and most people complaining on forums are more likely to be triggered by some sort oft nocebo.

Quote from: NikoB on April 19, 2023, 22:45:08There are IPS on the market with excellent viewing angles, I have seen such. Unfortunately, the laptop is not put at all 178/178 (and without cheating). Otherwise, these are typical statements of a sectarian like Apple sectarians.

If despising matte displays and IPS glow and therefore getting an OLED device as second choice option for a notebook is sectarian to you, so be it.
Apple actually is one of the few manufacturers still featuring IPS in notebooks with perfect viewing angles. Sadly, I want and need a Windows device. 

Idaho8

Stehen die Lüfter beim Abspielen von 1080p YouTube Videos still? Das wäre eine wichtige Frage für mich ...
Und gibt es einen Unterschied des Lüfterverhaltens zwischen Akku- und Netzteilbetrieb?

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Hast on April 19, 2023, 23:32:31Those are people that have read about it in the review articles.

Once more: I am talking about those people having written here without first having read the reviews or previously being aware of what PWM is.

QuoteIf you ever read it in comments it´s either the article explaining it or users that are able to name (and thus know about) the concept.
This at least is my experience.

This is the more frequent kind of message in the NBC forum but you have overlooked the less frequent kind I refer to.

NikoB

Knowingly false propaganda, based on nothing.

Look, for example, at the film "Dark Waters" 2019 about how brazenly large corporations sold "teflon" that is obviously dangerous for the life of future generations in household goods, such as frying pans, etc. And the person who started it is still fighting these creatures, despite the fact that scientific harm has long been 100% proven. As has long been scientifically proven harm from flicker.

So what if the illiterate and stupid crowd does not notice the long-term damage to their nervous system?

In the same way, a crowd of sheep smokes now. Some sheep deny the harm of radiation, microwaves, etc. But they pay for everything later, years and decades later. So far, the bastards in the TNR are selling goods and technologies that are obviously harmful and hazardous to health, rubbing their hands and counting huge profits.

Only interested persons (and this is pure corruption and crime) in this industry and idiots can deny the harm from flickering AMOLED screens and any other with low-frequency PWM.

Once upon a time, tobacco companies quietly sold cigarettes. And even now these creatures sell them everywhere. As well as alcohol. As well as in the United States, soft drugs are now freely sold in a number of states.

No one can explicitly forbid idiots from killing themselves on their own accord. But this is immoral when the harm from this is denied publicly and the future generation is fooled (thus vilely preparing the ground for new waves of consumers of this s***), whose health is deliberately undermined by all these corrupt, interested and generally criminal individuals.

People without critical thinking and common sense have become the majority on the planet for a long time. Only the attempts of civic activists and decent experts somehow help to stop these negative trends in civilization. If such activists and experts disappear, there will be even fewer of them - a guaranteed collapse awaits civilization. Basically, this is what it's all about...

NikoB

What is the problem for people who understand what is happening? A herd of sheep form demand and the ability to produce what TNCs need, and the desired trend in demand is formed intentionally by deliberately criminal lies and influence on these very stupid masses of the population. And all the culprits of this have long been known - marketers, business, corrupt politicians.

All of them in a compartment leave no choice for sane people, because. they do not have a choice of better and less harmful products due to the deliberate formation of sales of products that are obviously harmful to health and the lack of alternatives on the market. Gradually, this leads to direct conflict. And the best business to listen to this in advance, until a forceful impact on them followed.

Hast

Don´t make a fool of yourself and stop fantasizing about your crude conspiracy theories.

We have flickering since the age of CRTs. There are old people around that have used those for decades.
High-end gamers prefer flicker capabilities on their monitors to get ride of motion blur.

RobertJasiek

CRT flickering

a) was of a different kind and

b) was known to be a risk for the eyes in the long run, especially if the TV was used in the dark.

Modern displays used for frequently changing displayed contents (such as in 3D games) might be used with flickering more easily because the former dominates the latter. (I cannot know whether long-term health problems can arise nevertheless.) Modern displays used for mostly static displayed contents deserve greater attention as to flickering. There is a reason why office monitors prefer IPS.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview