News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New CPU name, old CPU performance: Lenovo Slim 7 Pro Ryzen 7 7735HS laptop review

Started by Redaktion, April 18, 2023, 19:14:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Slim Pro 7 is a versatile multimedia solution with H-series CPUs and GeForce RTX graphics. The latest model is one of the first to ship with the Ryzen 7 7735HS, but performance is slower than the older Intel Core i7-12700H especially in single-threaded workloads.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-CPU-name-old-CPU-performance-Lenovo-Slim-7-Pro-Ryzen-7-7735HS-laptop-review.707452.0.html

Antonis_39

In their official unboxing video on Youtube, Lenovo was asked whether they would offer 32GB of RAM, and they responded yes, but currently this configuration is only available in China. Let's hope it comes to the rest of the world.

DAVID salsero

Es ist ein guter Laptop und ein sehr guter Preis im Vergleich zu Intel, obwohl das neue Zen 4 bereits herausgekommen ist, würde ich warten, weil Lenovo hier einen Fehler gemacht hat, es muss mit AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix herausgekommen sein, das derzeit keine hat Wettbewerb.

Poster

Manufacturers and AMD with there shenanigans again. The intel model has 32GB available on launch and an RTX 4050 GPU. They bet on the ignorant buyers to by the "New 7000" rebrands that they refused to sell last year. And the outrageous thing is that they are charging the same price for it!

NikoB

Well, there is a simple way out for buyers - do not buy if you do not consider the deal profitable for yourself.
The problem is different - most buyers on the planet are as technically illiterate as possible (as in most other issues of life) - this is what all fraudulent marketing and sales are based on.
The slogan of trade since the advent of mankind:
You will not deceive - you will not sell profitably.
And for some time now, this slogan has become a systemic norm among manufacturers. And the more complex the product, the easier it is for them to deceive the average buyer.

Dorby

If you have the link for $1200 on best buy, please do post it.

From what I know, this model goes for $1400 in NA and ~$1500 in EMEA region (ex-tax), not $1100 as stated in specifications page of this review.

Already knowing that this laptop is egregiously overpriced, please stop making it seem like it is cheaper than it is. It doesn't help customers when review websites downplay "real MSRP" for the sake of positive reception.

Igor P

The statement that the laptop remain the same case  is false. The 2022 model had a monolithic metal body. The 2023 model has a plastic frame and a thin metallic plate, like cheap models.

qbvt

I'm very surprised with the battery results. Do you have any interpretation  for these results ?

You tested the 'Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14ARP G8', which is the same laptop, except:
- GPU: Raden 680M only vs. discrete RTX 3050 GPU
- SSD (Samsung PM9A1 1TB vs. SK Hynix PC810 512GB)
- Touch screen vs. non-touch screen
Aside from this, same chassis, same CPU, same screen resolution, same battery size, same amount of RAM, same amount of storage, ...)

Wifi v1.3 results:
- The 'Radeon 680M' variant lasted for 783 minutes (13h03m)
- The 'RTX 3050' variant lasted for 628 minutes (10h28m)

What could explain this 2.5h difference in runtime ?
- As far as I know, the touch scren layer consumes very little
- Can a SSD make that much of a difference ?
- Did the Nvidia GPU fail to turn off correctly ?

I'm considering buying the RTX3050 version, but I'm a bit put-off by the reduced battery life...

Aquark

I just bought this configuration, but with 3K display. I am not used to fan noise anymore, when laptop is doing almost nothing. In this case the fan is midly running all the time, it starts in about half minute after power-up. It reminds me the sound of classic HDD. It is the same in idle doing nothing, web browsing, YT watching etc. It is only slightly increasing with mild tasks, but it icreases quite a lot with heavy loads (as expected). I tried to get rid of the low load fan noise: updated BIOS, drivers, limited max CPU clock down to 50%, experimented with Lenovo fan modes and Windows power/battery modes. My CPU temperature in Idle is around 38-40°C. Nothing helped...it looks like it is inherent to the laptop design and how Lenovo controls fan here.  If anyone has a solution, it would be great.

NikoB

Quote from: Aquark on October 01, 2023, 00:50:14I just bought this configuration, but with 3K display. I am not used to fan noise anymore, when laptop is doing almost nothing. In this case the fan is midly running all the time, it starts in about half minute after power-up. It reminds me the sound of classic HDD. It is the same in idle doing nothing, web browsing, YT watching etc. It is only slightly increasing with mild tasks, but it icreases quite a lot with heavy loads (as expected). I tried to get rid of the low load fan noise: updated BIOS, drivers, limited max CPU clock down to 50%, experimented with Lenovo fan modes and Windows power/battery modes. My CPU temperature in Idle is around 38-40°C. Nothing helped...it looks like it is inherent to the laptop design and how Lenovo controls fan here.  If anyone has a solution, it would be great.
You want a miracle, but miracles don't happen. Everything is in accordance with the limitations of the physical world and the level of modern technology, where the progress of performance per 1W of consumption is slowing down more and more quickly.

Do you want complete silence in surfing, 4k@60fps on YouTube and for the coolers to turn on for a few seconds every few minutes, in games from at least 2011 like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in fhd and ultra quality? Then you need the heaviest possible laptop in the largest possible size.

As an example, the Dell G5 5587 2018 is 2.83 kg in weight and dimensions of almost a 17.3" laptop with a 15.6" diagonal. Here it is at PL2=75W/PL1=47W, which approximately corresponds to the consumption of the model under discussion; in PL2 it even consumes more. It is 100% silent in surfing and 4k@60fps in YouTube. After a slight undervolting, working under a highly optimized LTSC 1809. I didn't open it for maintenance for almost 4 years until I replaced the SSD with a larger one, but when I opened it, the coolers were almost pristine clean out of the box, because they 99%+ don't turn on in normal use. But after 5 years, keyboard G5 failed for no reason, although I practically didn't use(use external) it because of the disgusting tactile feedback and short key travel.

It still works on the factory paste and still in the "maximum performance" profile with PL1=47W/PL2=75W, it works silently and after 5 years, and the i5 8300H has idle temperature ~37-42C depending on room temperature. CPU consumption at idle is 1.9-2.4W.

You need to choose - either speed or noiselessness. And all together - the weight is above 3kg and the dimensions are 18", at least with the current stagnation in technical processes (of course, adjusted for 5 years).

Valerianf

I bought this laptop for part time software development and personal usage.
Overall I am very satisfied as it is snappy and a little faster than my home desktop.
Screen quality is great with a sufficient graphic card for displaying professional drawings.
The chassis seems strong and the battery life time is great with USB fast charging.
The USB 4 port is able to connect to a HP hub carrying video for an external display.
Speaker sound is great for a laptop.
Front camera is ok with a lock button.
Windows Hello is working great.
For now I never heard the fans.

The only bad point is the ON/OFF button located at the mid right side of the laptop.
Everybody that want to handle this laptop is setting it off!

Valerianf

I complete my precedent review.
The processor is a 7840HS which implies good performance and low power consumption.

Also I want to add that the keyboard is excellent.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Valerianf on December 09, 2023, 07:35:15the keyboard is excellent.

Since everybody emphasises different aspects, can you please describe your opinion in some detail?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview