News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D launch review roundup depicts CPU beating Intel Core i9-13900K/KS in gaming while using less than half the power

Started by Redaktion, April 18, 2023, 04:30:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Just like the Ryzen 9 7950X3D and the Ryzen 9 7900X3D, the Ryzen 7 7800X3D has a 64 MB 3D V-Cache stacked on top of the single CCD bringing the total amount of L3 cache to 96 MB. Per 3DCenter's launch review roundup, not only does the cheapest Ryzen 7000X3D CPU sip power, the presence of 3D V-Cache propels the Ryzen 7 7800X3D to the top of the gaming charts.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-launch-review-roundup-depicts-CPU-beating-Intel-Core-i9-13900K-KS-in-gaming-while-using-less-than-half-the-power.707912.0.html

C

I will definitely be picking up a 7800x3d soon. Energy prices where I live are pretty high so it's a no brainer for the performance per watt compared to 13900k. I'd be spending hundreds a year just running an Intel cpu instead

NikoB

The data clearly shows that with a reserve for the future and since the indicated price, the most profitable processors are 5800X3D and 7900X3D.

davidm

7950X3D is scoring *double* same-class CPUs for some machine learning tasks, up to 6× a 5950x. https://www.phoronix.com/review/amd-ryzen9-7950x3d-linux/9

It's very rare to see this kind of performance jump.

NikoB

Neural network blocks are complete nonsense and cheating for money in consumer products. Any expert understands this.

To be at least some sense from the neural network, its size must exceed terabytes in RAM and petabytes on disks. So that you understand the scale of the real requirements.

jrose

if you navigate to cpu user benchmark website it clearly shows the 13900k is a very easy winner an dbetter cpu than the ryzen 7 and 9 x3d models. very inaccurateon how this is "better" than the 13900k. look at the benchmark tests. 13900k is the CLEAR winner

Techkid245

Quote from: jrose on April 18, 2023, 16:45:13if you navigate to cpu user benchmark website it clearly shows the 13900k is a very easy winner an dbetter cpu than the ryzen 7 and 9 x3d models. very inaccurateon how this is "better" than the 13900k. look at the benchmark tests. 13900k is the CLEAR winner

This comment rings fanboy like none other

User benchmark is well known to be an Intel fanboy site with an extreme bias for Intel and against AMD, they even change algorithms to make Intel look better, just look it up on YouTube

All reviews are saying the x3d chips are better at gaming but worse at productivity, even compared to non x3d chips, and regardless they use significantly less power

You don't buy an x3d chips if you care about productivity performance, only if gaming is more important

NikoB

In all professional software, and not for morons gamers (whose interests do not bother anyone), AMD significantly outperforms the top Intel solutions in the consumer segment in multi-threaded load. Intel has nothing to offer the professional with their overgrown moss 10nm++++++++++++++++++.

Barron

Quote from: C on April 18, 2023, 11:58:57I will definitely be picking up a 7800x3d soon. Energy prices where I live are pretty high so it's a no brainer for the performance per watt compared to 13900k. I'd be spending hundreds a year just running an Intel cpu instead

The high power consumption of the 13th gen also heats up your room, and your AC bill will go up significantly too. If you don't use an AC, then can't even run a 13900K without it thermal throttling!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview