News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei P60 and P60 Pro receive 5G connectivity despite US sanctions with new case

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2023, 20:45:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei remains unable to sell smartphones with integrated 5G modems because of US sanctions. As such, its new flagship smartphones feature a 4G version of the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1. A new third-party case addresses this shortcoming for the P60 and P60 Pro thanks to a built-in 5G modem.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-P60-and-P60-Pro-receive-5G-connectivity-despite-US-sanctions-with-new-case.705729.0.html

NikoB

All this is completely irrelevant, since Huawei has lost access to TSMC/Samsung and Qualcomm/Mediatek chips and therefore does not have access to advanced newest SoCs. Buyers are not interested in taking smartphones with SoCs outdated by several years. RIP Huawei.

AHSAN

I have been usinh nova 7i from the past 2 and half year. 5G was not a problem. The problem I have faced and still facing is that I do not get notifications from ZOOM, SKYPE, BITRIX24 and there are other too,and there are some important apps that I can not use even if i dowoad and install them via apk. So please huawei solve the problem. 4G still is good for next couple of years

Alex Alderson

Quote from: NikoB on April 05, 2023, 23:23:48All this is completely irrelevant, since Huawei has lost access to TSMC/Samsung and Qualcomm/Mediatek chips and therefore does not have access to advanced newest SoCs. Buyers are not interested in taking smartphones with SoCs outdated by several years. RIP Huawei.

I'm afraid that's that not true.

Mate 50 and P60 series use the 4G version of the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1.
P50 series uses the 4G version of the Snapdragon 888.
The Kirin 9000 in the Mate 40 series is as powerful as the Snapdragon 888 too.

Unsure where you've got your information from.

NikoB

This is official information from the US and Taiwan authorities - Huawei has completely lost (at least officially) access to the specified four manufacturers.

Snapdragon Gen 1 is a 2-generation obsolete chip. He is already 2 years old. =)

RIP Huawei.

S.Yu

Quote from: NikoB on April 05, 2023, 23:23:48All this is completely irrelevant, since Huawei has lost access to TSMC/Samsung and Qualcomm/Mediatek chips and therefore does not have access to advanced newest SoCs. Buyers are not interested in taking smartphones with SoCs outdated by several years. RIP Huawei.
The product doesn't matter as much as the image, this stands true for smartphones. There definitely still is a market for Huawei.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview