News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chuwi CoreBook X: New model released with Intel Core i3-1215U, LPDDR5 RAM and high resolution 3:2 display for under US$450

Started by Redaktion, April 02, 2023, 22:37:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Chuwi has refreshed the CoreBook X again, just over a year after introducing an Intel Comet Lake-U-based model. Now, the Chuwi CoreBook X is available with a modern Intel Alder Lake-U series processor, as well as 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512 GB of storage and a 14-inch IPS display that outputs at 1440p in a 3:2 aspect ratio.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chuwi-CoreBook-X-New-model-released-with-Intel-Core-i3-1215U-LPDDR5-RAM-and-high-resolution-3-2-display-for-under-US-450.705053.0.html

david salsero

Their laptops are beautiful and light and I would have more success if I bet on the New AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + AI artificial intelligence with XDNA architecture developed by Xilinx and everything at 4nm vs 10nm from Intel, since AMD has the best Performance/Watt ratio.
Intel has been 4 long years with their unevolved integrated Xe graphics that you can only play minesweeper with, while AMD has gone from Zen 2 with Vega 8 --> Zen 3+ with RDNA2 and now with Zen 4 --> RDN3+ AI I just read The graphics of the Core 13 disappoints, it does not surpass the AMD Vega 8.
Like Lenovo, Asus, HP that will start betting on AMD chuwi should do the same and more being light and cheap laptops.

Starjack

"Intel has been 4 long years with their unevolved integrated Xe graphics that you can only play minesweeper with, while AMD has gone from Zen 2 with Vega 8 --> Zen 3+ with RDNA2 and now with Zen 4 --> RDN3+ AI I just read The graphics of the Core 13 disappoints, it does not surpass the AMD Vega 8."

I currently owned a laptop with the Core i3-1215U processor and 12th gen UHD Graphics 64EU iGPU and 12GB RAM. It's not the best but it's not the worst as how i summarize it playing games. Though i saw someone on Youtube play games including GTA V with dual channel memory and is seems to be doing well with no issues with the same processor and iGPU. The only thing that messes up Intel iGPUs and at least one of the Arc dGPUs right up to the modern Xe architect is the graphics driver. My last laptop was powered by AMD (FX-7500 with Radeon R7 iGPU) that run games a bit better quality-wise but not as fast as my current system. When i thought when Raja joins up with Intel, things would improve in the graphics department. In a way it did with the Xe architect offering more performance than the older architects HD Graphics Series and GMA Series. But when it comes to the graphics driver, still need a bit more working.

tipoo

Where would these graphics stack up against the Iris Pro 655 with 128MB EDRAM in my 8th gen Corebook X? 

I saw the 10th gen in the middle was actually significantly slower than the 8th gen on both CPU and GPU because it's a lower end chip, but it looks like the 12th gen is now finally a 50% improvement on the CPU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview