News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google is removing popular features from Fitbit smartwatches

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2023, 18:49:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google has started discarding established features from the Fitbit app. Numerous long-standing features have been removed, little over three years after Google completed its Fitbit acquisition. Allegedly, Google will add more features back to Fitbit smartwatches, but at an undisclosed date for now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-is-removing-popular-features-from-Fitbit-smartwatches.704844.0.html

Joan Captain

Fitbit users have a right to be upset....they bought fitbit because of the challenges and poof...they were gone....it was NOT unnoticed by the dedicated users and complaints were lodged, but ignored by Google. Rotten way to treat loyal customers

Sherri

Google give this back to Fitbit.  At least we can have what we paid for then.  I cant even get a correct mile count on my watch anymore. I walked a 1 1/2 miles today and thanks to my fitbit watch it tells me it was only .74.
  Something has to be done. Fitbit people will start going with someone else and telling people to do the same.
  Please Google..... do something to keep us with Fitbit!

NPJ

As a devotee of Fitbit, I was saddened when the original developers/owners of Fitbit sold out to Google.  Even so, it is disgraceful the way Google are destroying Fitbit with the intent to get Fitbit devotees to move over to Googles' fitness offering.  I've got news for them, they aren't going to "siphone up" those of us Fitbit fans by this systematic destruction - what a shame they chose this path instead of enhancing Fitbit.  Fitbit is the original fitness tracking tech & it worked, brilliantly - easy to set up, navigate & crucially, entirely accurate in its tracking functionality, which cannot be said of many of the other brands.  The various other bells & whistles were nice added extras which Google are systematically destroying.  Google, have you ever heard "if it 'ain't broke, don't fix it"? Clearly not ...

Albert Deay

Google doesn't care...it's their way or the highway..don't like good competition,  buy them out and destroy what's left..

Gale Macp

Google,
The bingo challenges, workweek hustle and weekend warrior are what fitbit is about.
I think your business plan will back fire.
I am an Android user with fitbit. I won't change to a google device on principle.
I reckon this is the start of the end of fitbit.

Newfitkitty

Even worse is on the fitbit website in the community forums you can't even question the mods about it because they will delete it. Their reason for doing so. It is against the rules to question the mods actions. Such a dumb rule they even tell that to you in a pm and say if you have any questions pm them. I don't think fitbit will last to the end of the year. People are going to this stridekick thing. So maybe that will be better.

Why is it when Google "merges" with what is normally a good thing it becomes bad?. Take YouTube for example. Before google took over does anyone remember how amazing it was to edit your own channel\profile? You could make your own background, make the text boxes transparent, and even had a little bulletin board that made it easier to chat or share videos. Also you remember when you had a friend's list and could pm those friends? Now you can't it is because of Google.

Dweismil

PLEASE bring Fitbit Challenges BACK! This is A HUGE MISTAKE!!! ITS GONNA BACKFIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Karol

I think it is a shame. False advertising and a breach of contract to all of us that have used the fitbit app for years and also have purchased fitbits. We should all ban together and sue them for taking away things that were promised when purchased

Denie

I was very disappointed receiving the notice that the premium challenges, like Bingo All for One and others plus all other challenges were being discontinued. I have been with Fitbit since 2014 and was impressed with the additions and improvements when they came. I had three of my children and three of my grandchildren involved.
I bought the premium to be able to play the bingo with friends. Now gone. What is the purpose of having premium when it is all basic now. Not a good option anymore.

Randy

Ooh, I don't have a Fitbit and was thinking of getting one but I can tell you right now after reading all of these comments, I will never buy one! It's good to see reviews and let you know how good a company can screw you!

Karen

I was planning on buying a newer version of Fitbit but I don't believe I will now.  I have been using Fitbit watches since they come out because I have been very pleased with them but I will not buy them again.  Thanks Google for ruining a good thing.

Theresa

My whole family has a fit bit. We are scattered all over the US and we do the challenges to stay in touch and encourage each other. I love Apple devices but never got an Apple Watch so I could continue challenges with my family. What a shame they ruined Fitbit. So heartbroken I have been apart of Fitbit for 10+ years

DeeDee

A lot of us moved over to the Stridekick app. Plenty of challenges and it's easy to make friends and send invites.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview