News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga 7 14-inch and Yoga 7 16-inch variants get refreshed to AMD Ryzen 7000U starting from €999

Started by Redaktion, March 28, 2023, 16:05:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has refreshed its Yoga 7 lineup to feature the latest AMD Ryzen 7000U processors. The Yoga 7 (14, 8) and the Yoga 7 (16, 8) feature largely the same specifications, but the Yoga 7 14 looks to offer more display choices compared to the Yoga 7 16. Both variants are slated to be available from May this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-7-14-inch-and-Yoga-7-16-inch-variants-get-refreshed-to-AMD-Ryzen-7000U-starting-from-EUR999.703978.0.html

informatic

Great job Lenovo with its commitment to AMD ZEN 4 7040U Phoenix= LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence to make the most of ChatGPT and GPT-4 with XDNA architecture.
These laptops are going to sell very well, the public wants lightweight laptops with enough power to play Triple AAA games and with RDNA 3 you can and even more now with AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 3.0.
Ideal for students and content creators, now it only remains to see the processor and at what price they will leave them, but it is a winning horse bet.

A

Quote from: informatic on March 28, 2023, 19:42:40Great job Lenovo with its commitment to AMD ZEN 4 7040U Phoenix= LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence to make the most of ChatGPT and GPT-4 with XDNA architecture.
These laptops are going to sell very well, the public wants lightweight laptops with enough power to play Triple AAA games and with RDNA 3 you can and even more now with AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 3.0.
Ideal for students and content creators, now it only remains to see the processor and at what price they will leave them, but it is a winning horse bet.

16Gb is too little these days for content creators. That soldered ram is a deal breaker.

Yagi

This is an excellent improvement over the pricing over the r6000 models last year. I hope these don't end up being a Europe exclusive again!! Lack of at least a 32gb ram option is unfortunate especially with MODERN requirements and I'd hope it will be an option, but I imagine the ddr5 probably makes that difficult without a considerable price increase.

Dorby

Russel

noooo

So nothing yet for 7000 series Thinkpads, which is supposed to be their core line. Shows where Lenovo's priorities are. Shame. Soon they will take the trackpoint out of Thinkpads and make everything a Yoga, because they hate their core base. But then I will sigh in relief because I will finally be able to cut this dying company out of my life.

noooo

Quote from: informatic on March 28, 2023, 19:42:40artificial intelligence to make the most of ChatGPT and GPT-4

Oh come on, that is total hype, shows how much you've been swept up in OpenAI's marketing. Their GPTs run entirely in their cloud servers, you query it with an API, and they don't release them to be run on users machines. You get the same results no matter what computer you use to query. Modern GPTs require more VRAM than many top gaming desktop GPUs. A little "AI" chip is never going to be able to even do inference on existing models with this chip, much less training.

informatic

Quote from: A on March 28, 2023, 19:47:44
Quote from: informatic on March 28, 2023, 19:42:40Great job Lenovo with its commitment to AMD ZEN 4 7040U Phoenix= LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence to make the most of ChatGPT and GPT-4 with XDNA architecture.

16Gb is too little these days for content creators. That soldered ram is a deal breaker.
16 GB with LPDDR5 is more than enough for 99% of the population, but you simply buy the 32 GB one for the price it has and all the features, this AMD is very cheap, I know many content creators with less and DDR4. The important thing here is to find the balance between CPU and iGPU, in this case with RDNA 3 you have everything in a laptop weighing almost 1kg, there is currently no offer from Intel with such characteristics and at that price.

RobertJasiek

99% of the population says nothing because that includes non-users of electronics, smartphones as main computers and office workers.

A

Quote from: informatic on March 29, 2023, 09:46:1116 GB with LPDDR5 is more than enough for 99% of the population, but you simply buy the 32 GB one for the price it has and all the features, this AMD is very cheap, I know many content creators with less and DDR4. The important thing here is to find the balance between CPU and iGPU, in this case with RDNA 3 you have everything in a laptop weighing almost 1kg, there is currently no offer from Intel with such characteristics and at that price.

And 99% of the population is not content creators. Just because some have less doesn't change the fact that many need more. And as I pointed out, memory consumption is creeping up.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview