News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Stellar ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 featuring a Ryzen 9 6900HS and Radeon RX 6700S records a solid 33% discount at Best Buy

Started by Redaktion, March 27, 2023, 12:51:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Best Buy is now selling the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 equipped with a Ryzen 9 6900HS CPU, a Radeon RX 6700S GPU, 16 GB RAM, and 1 TB of SSD storage for US$1,099.99. With an average rating of 4.1 out of almost 600 reviews more than half of which are 5-star, the notebook is worth a recommendation for folks looking for a capable gaming machine around the US$1,000 mark.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Stellar-ASUS-ROG-Zephyrus-G14-featuring-a-Ryzen-9-6900HS-and-Radeon-RX-6700S-records-a-solid-33-discount-at-Best-Buy.703736.0.html

dhdhs

For those who are used to an Apple experience i.e. your games to work out of the box or after a clean Windows 11 install: you need to spend weeks fiddling around with the drivers and settings.

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (AoE2 DE) drops from 120FPS down to 1FPS after 30min in 4v4 multiplayer matches - regardless of Windows/Armory Crate power mode or quality settings.

There are constant micro strutters and lags in games while Windows 11 is buttery smooth.
8GB VRAM is also no longer adequate for a supposedly high end GPU (but this is technically an RX 6600 XT falsely rebranded as 6800S)

SyCoREAPER

I'd avoid the G14. It's LOUD and hot. I returned mine after a few days as it simply didn't perform well and couldn't be in the same room as others.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview