News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 G8 2023 convertible in review: Intel Raptor Lake disappoints

Started by Redaktion, March 24, 2023, 13:04:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new G8 model of Lenovo's high-end Yoga 9i 14 convertible is the first device with Intel's new Raptor Lake mobile processor. However, our review reveals only minor improvements and the new Intel CPUs are disappointing, especially in regard to the integrated graphics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-9i-14-G8-2023-convertible-in-review-Intel-Raptor-Lake-disappoints.702943.0.html

NikoB

Another proof that a new generation of terrible AMOLED screens has entered the market.

They no longer have a super contrast of 1000000:1, but only a miserable 12000:1, but at the same time PWM is 360Hz, and not at least 3.6kHz...

We have complete bullshit at the output - neither you have super contrast OLED, nor you have no flicker. Who needs it.

I draw your attention to the fact that it was possible
  calibrate this panel with dE below 2. This is an achievement!

Let's go further...
The speed of RAM loses to the Alder Lake generation in Yoga, and this is shameful.

Performance has increased slightly, but the noise has become monstrous, like gaming models - who needs this?

There is no point in commenting on the rest. The price is too high for such a shameful 16/512 config. If there were 32/2Tb here - and then questions arise - why are they asking for so much?

Tomatot

I'm really glad I went for a Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X (6800HS, 16GB, 1To, 3K 120Hz IPS anti-reflect) for 1200€ a few weeks ago. I would have preferred a zen 4 CPU but it won't come anytime soon. In the meantime, the 6800U/HS look way more competitive that anything Intel has to offer, mostly in terms of iGPU and power consumption.

Build quality is excellent, I still haven't heard the fan once I have installed and updated everything, the screen looks AMAZING, touchpad is huge, good keyboard, camera privacy shutter, 2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, etc. I really have no complain.

Mr Majestyk

The score is bizarre given the cpu's miserable performance improvements over Alder Lake and high power compared to AMD offerings as well as the weak iGPU and poor AMOLED screen. This is 75-80% laptop at best.

Maxiiiiiim

We in need of help!

Does the 4k has PWM at full brightness or not ..very confusing

at 2022 review its so confusing

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview