News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Roborock S8 review: Excellent robot mop vacuum cleaner with useful improvements

Started by Redaktion, March 19, 2023, 15:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Roborock have released a new mop robot vacuum cleaner - the S8. Even though it barely showed any weaknesses in our test, the question is: Should you buy an S8 or wait for the Roborock S8+ and Roborock S8 Pro Ultra? We have the answers!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Roborock-S8-review-Excellent-robot-mop-vacuum-cleaner-with-useful-improvements.701997.0.html

Mustang V

1. Having used roboroick since S5 , the S6 and the s7. I wished roborock stopped making the base model and came outright with just the plus or the ultra pro model. The base model is pointless if you want a robot to clean your house.

2. Xaomi has two more models one with rotating mops with single main brush and another s8 similar model via sister company

I really need to see comparison of the three . It's high time reviewers addressed that there are other models  with slight differences via sister companies from xaomi and start comparing between them.

Robinson-Constantin Chera

Just bought from geekbuying for 512euro, let's hope I'll not regret the upgrade from s5 max..

Sergio

I have it since 17 March, Germany.
Agree with all pluses and minuses.
For minuses i will add:
1. limited library for furniture and scaling of the objects in library is also limited (my case i have big sofa and big wardrobe, I cannot scale them to my dimensions)

2. Posible to define carpet area only as rectangle/square. No option for different shapes. More than this you cannot rotate the defined carpet area (in my case one room is not either vertical or horizontal and cannot define properly the carpet area...my carpet is 3 cm tick so i need to clearly define the area). If you define as no go area or put invisible wall then robot will not work there.

3. Room walls not possible to edit. If there are rooms with common walls (in my case bathroom and bedroom) where there are technical spaces, this spaces cannot be defined ( which is understandable) but robot do not see them as that and integrate this spaces into the room. If I put invisible wall then robot will keep some distance and never goes close to invisible walls, in this way some area remain not cleaned.

4. Another example is with full window wall toward balcony ... do not recognise the window and robot keep trying to go in balcony area ... after few attempts is auto returnig to dock even without finishing the area left uncleaned

5. Small pieces of carpet are ignored, goes over them and in 98% of the cases will catch them with rollers. Also charging cables are not detected regardles if they are lying on the floor or are twisted in the air and floor; this is really not good especially when you claim the best detection, remove normal camera to add infrared camera for improving detection!!!!

For good things I will add:

1. Is very silent. Max turbo mode is at a level where other robots are on silent or normal. On low mode will not wake you up, unless you sleep like a rabbit:)))

2. Surface recognition is good and program have option to set individual the type of flooring for each room or defined areas

Hg

I don't have any space in my home for a giant auto station. How often does this typically need emptying? Every time? Every 2 times?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview