News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Tensor G3: Details revealed for new chipset powering Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2023, 18:13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to reports, the Tensor G3 will continue to be a customised Exynos 2300, despite Samsung deciding against offering the chipset in the new Galaxy S23 series. Reputedly, the Tensor G3 will contain 9 CPU cores, including an ARM Cortex-X3 prime core, and an Xclipse 930 GPU, among other features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Tensor-G3-Details-revealed-for-new-chipset-powering-Pixel-8-and-Pixel-8-Pro.701365.0.html

Patrick Ray

Cool stuff. I've been very pleased with the power and efficiency of the Pixel 7 Pro. I know there's plenty for people to knock but for me, this sucker lasts 2 days, takes great pictures and does all the cool Pixel stuff I care about better than the previous Pixels I've had.

Mr Majestyk

Munchies

I would say comparing a Processor to Exynos is a bed comparison. Exynos is the least energy performing, temperature unstable and least performing Processor for the buck. If Comparing it up too snapdragon or higher range Mediatek Processors would make much more sense unless Tensor is that bad it can only be compared to Exynos

Ahamd

Ahamd

Quote from: Munchies on March 18, 2023, 15:37:11I would say comparing a Processor to Exynos is a bed comparison. Exynos is the least energy performing, temperature unstable and least performing Processor for the buck. If Comparing it up too snapdragon or higher range Mediatek Processors would make much more sense unless Tensor is that bad it can only be compared to Exynos
in the past, mediatek was also still bad. still need a good soc process. (I'm curious about Tensor G3 using GPU Mali or AMD) (SOC must be an improvement, it's impossible for SOC vendors to always be bad) (reportedly Mediatek Collab Nvidia 2024 SOC Flagship. If true)

LOL

Do you know why Samsung no longer uses Exynos for its newer flagship Galaxy phones?

Because it has rebadged Exynos as 'Tensor' and Google uses that in Pixel phones. No, Samsung didn't discontinue the production of Exynos.

Exynos/Tensor is an inferior product, but of course Google's PR marketing will gaslight you into thinking that GPU and raw performance isn't that important. And since it's Google, you'll be inclined to believe the gaslighting.

Randy chan

Yeah we can all agree the upcoming tensor 3 will be superior to tensor 2 just as tensor 2 was superior to tensor 1. But that's not covering the whole story since those tensor chips were badly outperformed by Qualcomm, media tek and Apple chips. And when the tensor 3 is released it's going to be up against 8 gen 3, dimmensity 9300 and A17 bionic with 3nm process. And to make matters worse, the tensor 3 is going to be fitted with the same mediocre modem that tensor 2 had. So with that being said, the upcoming pixel 8 and pro variants is nothing to get excited about.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview