News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Starlink makes pricey Roam global satellite Internet subscription option official

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2023, 16:57:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Starlink for RV has been renamed as Starlink Roam, as SpaceX now offers truly global satellite Internet subscription option at US$200/month. The one-time equipment fee is US$599, while subscribers who plan to use Starlink Internet on the go will have to go with the US$2,500 dish and the regional option only.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Starlink-makes-pricey-Roam-global-satellite-Internet-subscription-option-official.701566.0.html

Hunter2020

Anyone who subscribes to Starlink is only promoting the pollution of satellite debris in near Earth orbit.  If satellites were deployed and maintained in a careful and responsible manner (to humanity) then YES.  BUT Elon Musk only interested in accumulating space junk in the near future no care whatsoever future space objects collide with them!

Mud

Quote from: Hunter2020 on March 16, 2023, 18:42:03Anyone who subscribes to Starlink is only promoting the pollution of satellite debris in near Earth orbit.  If satellites were deployed and maintained in a careful and responsible manner (to humanity) then YES.  BUT Elon Musk only interested in accumulating space junk in the near future no care whatsoever future space objects collide with them!
my guy at the end of the satellites lifetime its sent into the earth's atmosphere and burnt up. Your just talking out a$s obviously you have no idea what your talking about 🤣... I'm just not happy to hear about these price hikes if this articles accurate.

Hunter2020

Nope, I not the one bull of BS spitting crap out of my mouth.  Starlink satellites are a threat to mankind in space in the present and near future as well when they become dysfunctional and stop working, they'll just continue their orbits and crash into newly launched "crafts" in the near future. 

You honest think Elon Musk kind enough to program a deorbit self-destruction into the thousands of satellites he already launched?  Is it even viable to keep track of those thousands of mini-Starlink satellites or even worth a bother to clean them all up?  Nope.  It just more economical to not care about them after they stop working.

If you wish to see the destruction of humanity in near space Earth orbit, please by all means do all you can to support Starlink financially.

hugh mungus

Quote from: Hunter2020 on March 17, 2023, 12:47:20Nope, I not the one bull of BS spitting crap out of my mouth.  Starlink satellites are a threat to mankind in space in the present and near future as well when they become dysfunctional and stop working, they'll just continue their orbits and crash into newly launched "crafts" in the near future. 

You honest think Elon Musk kind enough to program a deorbit self-destruction into the thousands of satellites he already launched?  Is it even viable to keep track of those thousands of mini-Starlink satellites or even worth a bother to clean them all up?  Nope.  It just more economical to not care about them after they stop working.

If you wish to see the destruction of humanity in near space Earth orbit, please by all means do all you can to support Starlink financially.

Except the satellites are in low Earth orbit and aerodynamic drag from the upper atmosphere + solar forcing would decay their orbits eventually.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Mohammad

Quote from: Hunter2020 on March 17, 2023, 12:47:20Nope, I not the one bull of BS spitting crap out of my mouth.  Starlink satellites are a threat to mankind in space in the present and near future as well when they become dysfunctional and stop working, they'll just continue their orbits and crash into newly launched "crafts" in the near future. 

boro baba koskhol

Christhorpe7

What about satellites that have been in orbit and out of commission before the Starlink era? Weren't they the first cause of pollution? Why be so biased in your analysis.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview