News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker unveils KEY 17 Pro mobile workstation with Intel i9-13900HX and up to an RTX 4090 dGPU

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2023, 15:00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Even though it is fairly light for a mobile workstation at 3.4 kg, Schenker's latest member of the KEY lineup packs powerful components that can easily replace large desktop powerhouses. At the heart of the new KEY 17 Pro lies Intel's Core i9-13900HX processor complemented by up to 64 GB DDR5-5200 and a triple M.2 storage solution, plus up to an RTX 4090 dGPU. Screen options include a 1440p 240 Hz and a 4K 144 Hz IPS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-unveils-KEY-17-Pro-mobile-workstation-with-Intel-i9-13900HX-and-up-to-an-RTX-4090-dGPU.701348.0.html

LL

As always at these level laptops they force you to use a top of line processor even when it is not necessary. That automatically makes them a no buy. If you can choose the GPU why not also the CPU?

Gg

All I can say is why.  I have a 12950 HX and 3080 Ti, and with a 240 W power supply and factory limits at 200 W, it power and thermal throttles immediately.  To run right these devices need more cooling and power.

Jake Kleintank

Quote from: Gg on March 16, 2023, 20:01:36All I can say is why.  I have a 12950 HX and 3080 Ti, and with a 240 W power supply and factory limits at 200 W, it power and thermal throttles immediately.  To run right these devices need more cooling and power.

Because you can, this is for people that want it and don't have something. I guess I should ask why people feel the need to respend 3k a year on a new gaming laptop? Things are more questionable when you lack knowledge or understanding so thats the beauty in research. There's plenty of reasons, mainly because it sells but also because it runs well in other cases. Just because you got a lemon does not automatically mean all systems are the same.

Maybe research a better company that doesn't enforce specific limits next time to avoid the headache, at least you learned something with your current system.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview