News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The best camera smartphones of 2023: Video test - Laying a phone myth to rest

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2023, 14:36:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We put the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max up against the best Android camera smartphones. The line-up includes the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Google Pixel 7 Pro and the Xiaomi 13 Pro. In this test, you can read about whether the iPhone lives up to its claim of being the best choice for video recording - or whether an Android phone takes the crown after all.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-best-camera-smartphones-of-2023-Video-test-Laying-a-phone-myth-to-rest.701271.0.html

DantePierttyr

Georgijs

Thank you very  much for this comparison.
The only flaw I see with all the comparison, this and e.g. MKBHD is that there is no real reference photo.
If you compare calibrated TVs you should have a professional grade mastering TV to compare against.
The same goes for the camera. You should have taken DSLR and compare against it. Then we would know who is closer to reference. Otherwise we compare against what we like more, e.g. constrast and juicy colors, but it might be not true, therefore not correct.
Also I do not see calibration patters being captured with shown delta errors, same as it is done for notbeook cameras....

Thank you.

Jesper

When the quality of the photos and videos (as usual?) are almost the same, couldn't you comment on the AI (autofocus)?

The most significant difference between my phone (Realme)and my wife's (Samsung) are for me not the colors and pixels, but the (newer) Samsungs superior AI/autofocus.

Best Jesper

bogda

You forgot to mention that for basic price you get 256GB with S23 Ultra and shamefully small 128GB for iPhone 14 Max.

For 256GB model S23 Ultra wold be cheaper. If one goes with 512GB models, which is maybe more appropriate for a flagship smartphone, where I live, iPhone 14 Max is around 500euro more expensive than S23 Ultra.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview