News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola in review: Business smartphone with IP certification

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2023, 18:26:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's reliable ThinkPad notebooks are almost legendary, and the ThinkPhone seeks to profit from this reputation. However, it comes with top technology from last year at the price of a current iPhone. Is it worth it?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPhone-by-Motorola-in-review-Business-smartphone-with-IP-certification.700348.0.html

Joe9

From a ThinkPhone with such a price tag, I would expect a swappable battery and good software support, who am I kidding though, this is Lenovo. It would be good if it gets 2 Android version bumps, but I wouldn't hope on it...

joeyjoejoeshabadoo

lenovo? their quality on the thinkpad line has nosedived since 2020

for me a no go

can't even recommend thinkpads anymore

Surprised Communist

If it came with a 7.2" screen, faster hardware, longer Android updates & support, I would consider it, but then again I prefer my 6.7" iPhone Pro Max that is more reliable and easier to use than any Android I ever tried (long time Samsung Note 10+ and ex-Pixel 7 Pro user).

There is no unique selling point for Lenovo phones vs Google Pixel and Samsung S series. I cannot compete with any iPhone Pro models

Boris74

I bought one, and after a week, the screen coating started to rub off where my thumb swipes up and down. This phone hasn't left my desk as I'm waiting for a screen protector to arrive. This SHOULD NOT happen to a phone less than a week old.

jshippp

Quote from: Surprised Communist on March 30, 2023, 12:18:03If it came with a 7.2" screen, faster hardware, longer Android updates & support, I would consider it, but then again I prefer my 6.7" iPhone Pro Max that is more reliable and easier to use than any Android I ever tried (long time Samsung Note 10+ and ex-Pixel 7 Pro user).

There is no unique selling point for Lenovo phones vs Google Pixel and Samsung S series. I cannot compete with any iPhone Pro models

I get all of the other issues the hardware and support issues are legitimate but why the hell do you need a 7.2" phone screen. Is 6.7" not enough? People talk about the iPhone 14 Pro Max or S23 Ultra being too big and heavy but why do you need something even bigger? Its not a tablet or a foldable you know

randomdestructn

That PWM value seems to be wrong.  The scope is set to 1ms per division.  Counting from peak to peak we get around 1.4 divisions, which is 720Hz as claimed by Motorola.

It's not clear where that 175Hz value is coming from.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview