News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix G18 G814JI laptop review: Light and shade with the 18-inch gaming machine

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2023, 21:25:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In 2023, more and more 18-inch laptops are entering the gaming segment. One particular candidate is the ROG Strix G18, which shows up trumps with the latest, high-end components and a speedy display. We take an extensive look at this 18-inch offspring.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-G18-G814JI-laptop-review-Light-and-shade-with-the-18-inch-gaming-machine.699386.0.html

LL

Agreed. RTX 4070 do not make sense for the price of this laptop. The 24 sec Blender Classroom compares to a 30 sec RTX3060...we are at point that buying a older gen laptop with 3070 or 3080 makes sense. I am not sure Nvidia and Asus want that.

Kudos to Asus for the screen quality that was not only thought for gaming.
Externally and closed the laptop looks even  techno pro-elegant from the top. But opening it the ROG strix dash across keyboard looks too gamey.

LOL.

LOL, at the 1st picture with Command & Conquer Generals in background. xD Author has excellent taste. I still play that game to this very day. :P

asus_could_do_better

With this size of case they have enough space for battery 1.5 times the battery size they used , 3 storage drive (instead of 2) and more usbs (types a and c)

CmdrEvil

Quote from: asus_could_do_better on March 09, 2023, 14:50:30With this size of case they have enough space for battery 1.5 times the battery size they used , 3 storage drive (instead of 2) and more usbs (types a and c)
Quote from: asus_could_do_better on March 09, 2023, 14:50:30With this size of case they have enough space for battery 1.5 times the battery size they used , 3 storage drive (instead of 2) and more usbs (types a and c)

Not really, no manufacturer ever uses a battery larger than 99.9Wh because you can't legally fly with a battery of larger size. There might be room in the chassis but unless law changes - 99.9wH will be an absolute limit

t4n0n

Quote from: LOL. on March 09, 2023, 01:53:14LOL, at the 1st picture with Command & Conquer Generals in background. xD Author has excellent taste. I still play that game to this very day. :P

Loved it <3

I happened to watch some videos featuring the units in the game on YouTube the other night. That really took me back a long time (to when I was about 7 years old!).

S.Yu

Quote from: CmdrEvil on March 09, 2023, 15:46:01

Not really, no manufacturer ever uses a battery larger than 99.9Wh because you can't legally fly with a battery of larger size. There might be room in the chassis but unless law changes - 99.9wH will be an absolute limit
Remember nowadays many phones have two batteries, often in the name of fast charging...Nothing really prohibits a device of this size from using two 90Wh batteries, especially if they're removable...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview