News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 5 and the ThinkPad E16 Gen 1 launched with Intel 13th gen and AMD Ryzen 7030 options and new 16:10 displays along with keyboard and touchpad upgrades

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2023, 01:55:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ErikJ

The title says "improved keyboard", yet the only thing the article says is "new keyboard". What I see is the new keyboard layout, mixing rounded and square keys. For other models, this coincided with reducing the key travel to 1.5mm. How are these 'improvements'?

NikoB

Quote from: ErikJ on February 27, 2023, 12:51:19The title says "improved keyboard", yet the only thing the article says is "new keyboard". What I see is the new keyboard layout, mixing rounded and square keys. For other models, this coincided with reducing the key travel to 1.5mm. How are these 'improvements'?
Fans of typing on the smartphone screen will love it. Of course, normal people who create content do not, but does anyone care about this now?

Laptops are obsolete even before release. This is a new level of "progress"....

ErikJ

It seems the translator took quite some artistic liberty. The German original omits the "keyboard upgrade" from the title, and actually in the text criticises the travel reduction and the move to flat TrackPoint buttons. Then why did the translator feel the need to turn this into something purely positive?

kuro68k

Lack of Thunderbolt ports is a massive fail. Completely rules these out for me.

Their daft half soldered half socketed RAM is annoying too.

FourFire

Disappointed by the direct misinformation published in this article:

The Ryzen 7030 series are Cezanne (5000 series) refreshes which therefore have the old Vega 8 and down iGPUs which are inferior to the most recent MX dGPUs

680m and 660m will only be found on the 7035 SKUs.

I came here to read one piece of information and find it was wrong, do better!

annon

Finally 3xUSB ports and HDMI 2.0 on Thinkpad E series. I know some people will not agree with me, but I this year's E series look amazing. HDMI 1.4 ports in previous models were criminal.

JackHerm

No Thunderbolt? But there is one in the screenshots you provided, lightning icon and everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview