News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 7736U integrated Radeon 680M achieves Playstation 4 level graphics, runs God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Final Fantasy XV at 1080p30

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2023, 09:11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Cooe

The Ryzen 7000 series isn't only getting a Rembrandt rebrand you freaking idiot... 🤦 The beane new Zen 4 based "Phoenix" APU comes with a significantly faster RDNA 3 based 780M GPU.

Price Insanity

Half the power consumption and the same performance for only 7 times the cost of a PS4!

Think I'll buy a PS4.

Wonder when laptop manufacturers will pull their collective heads out of their asses on pricing.

Not only that but

I just checked the spec's of this thing. The windows variant weighs 3.5 lbs, that's unacceptable when you can get dGPU laptops that weigh less even if they're lower TDP variants. I might be willing to pay an additional premium if this was 7x lighter than a ps4 but this is only like slightly less than slim ps4? 

RDNA3 based 780M iGPU isn't really significantly faster. I think at most, 20%-25%(?) based on current leaked benchmarks. Which is like what, going from 40 -> 50 fps in games? Most of the improvement seems to be from just running at like a higher clock (2.2 ghz -> 2.8 ghz). So it seems there was barely any architectural improvement from RDNA2. On the bright side, it does seem to support faster RAM, so potentially a few years down the line this could yield additional perf. benefit. This does not matter today tho, as most thin-n-light laptops being equipped with it will be using soldered LPDDR5-6400 memory. Not to mention these laptops will cost hundreds more compared to last gen Radeon 680M laptops at the very least. (Just talking about Rembrandt rebrands, not even discussing newer zen 4 APU's which seem to be relegated to ultra premium notebook segment)

IndiumGalliumNitride

Quote from: Cooe on February 26, 2023, 14:26:59The Ryzen 7000 series isn't only getting a Rembrandt rebrand you freaking idiot... 🤦 The beane new Zen 4 based "Phoenix" APU comes with a significantly faster RDNA 3 based 780M GPU.

The author referenced to the 7736, that it's an rebrand of the 6800U, not in general!

I could read:

QuoteOne of the first laptops shipping with a mobile Ryzen 7000 CPU is the HP Dragonfly Pro and its Ryzen 7 7736U. Though it's essentially a rebrand of last year's Ryzen 7 6800U utilizing the same Zen 3+....

For me it was clear, that noted, that this tested 7000, (the 7736U), is not the new 7000er SoC.

Tamaratare David

Quote from: Price Insanity on February 26, 2023, 14:43:05Half the power consumption and the same performance for only 7 times the cost of a PS4!

Think I'll buy a PS4.

Wonder when laptop manufacturers will pull their collective heads out of their asses on pricing.

It can literally do a billion more things than a PS4! Why are you even on this site?!

Hypocrisy

People need to shut the duck up about prices. Ya'll are liars and don't practice what you preach. I stopped gaming over 10 years ago, just before the rise of mass DLC, microtransaction and eternal beta hell. I stopped buying AAA games, laptops, consoles or even upgrading desktop dGPU's because I saw this $120 ultimate edition b.s. a mile away, the ever increasing power requirements for dGPU's, the lack of availability / increasing prices due to miners and wasn't gonna support an industry with such practices. After my old desktop/laptop died, I just bought a cheap $150 arm Chromebook instead.

I actually voted with my wallet, for a decade.

But what happened? The market ended up buying it all anyway. Companies made billions and continue to so to this very day because of mainstream dumbasses like yourselves.

Naa, I'm no longer gonna do this anymore. Nobody gives a sheet. I'm going to to buy an overpriced RTX 4090/4080 R9 7940HS laptop and help fund Nvidia, AMD, and all the other companies that are increasing their margins. Mostly think I'm gonna play p2w / grinding games but I'll be sure to buy some AAA games by the industries most beloved companies (EA, Ubisoft, Epic, etc) for good measure as well.

Can't beat them, join them.

heffeque

Quote from: Hypocrisy on February 26, 2023, 20:22:34People need to shut the duck up about prices. Ya'll are liars and don't practice what you preach. I stopped gaming over 10 years ago, just before the rise of mass DLC, microtransaction and eternal beta hell. I stopped buying AAA games, laptops, consoles or even upgrading desktop dGPU's because I saw this $120 ultimate edition b.s. a mile away, the ever increasing power requirements for dGPU's, the lack of availability / increasing prices due to miners and wasn't gonna support an industry with such practices. After my old desktop/laptop died, I just bought a cheap $150 arm Chromebook instead.

But what happened? The market ended up buying it all anyway. Companies made billions and continue to so to this very day because of mainstream dumbasses like yourselves.

Naa, I'm no longer gonna do this anymore. Nobody gives a sheet. I'm going to to buy an overpriced RTX 4090/4080 R9 7940HS laptop and help fund Nvidia, AMD, and all the other companies that are increasing their margins. Mostly think I'm gonna play p2w / grinding games but I'll be sure to buy some AAA games by the industries most beloved companies (EA, Ubisoft, Epic, etc) for good measure as well.

Wow, you just discovered that voting with your wallet is useless? Congrats to you!

D

Quote from: Hypocrisy on February 26, 2023, 20:22:34People need to shut the duck up about prices. Ya'll are liars and don't practice what you preach. I stopped gaming over 10 years ago, just before the rise of mass DLC, microtransaction and eternal beta hell. I stopped buying AAA games, laptops, consoles or even upgrading desktop dGPU's because I saw this $120 ultimate edition b.s. a mile away, the ever increasing power requirements for dGPU's, the lack of availability / increasing prices due to miners and wasn't gonna support an industry with such practices. After my old desktop/laptop died, I just bought a cheap $150 arm Chromebook instead.

So? Just beacause you're a cheap-a$$ doesn't mean everybody has to be the same.
Sure, no one wants to get scammed, but it's not like you can do too much about it: some people work hard and they want some quality time when they get home. It's their money and time: fak off...

RobertJasiek

Not ngo

It is amazing how our beloved Ngo is consistent at writing bad articles without any research whatsoever

heffeque

Great job. Notebookcheck completely changed the article from very negative to actually positive, and left the old comments 👍

NikoB

Against the background of the speed of the GPU in Apple's M2 Pro and M2 Max, the integrated Intel/AMD video chips of 2023 now cause only Homeric laughter from experienced buyers. They are 5 years old.

quickdrawmcgraw

Quote from: NikoB on March 18, 2023, 13:09:42Against the background of the speed of the GPU in Apple's M2 Pro and M2 Max, the integrated Intel/AMD video chips of 2023 now cause only Homeric laughter from experienced buyers. They are 5 years old.
and those MacBooks with those chips cost 2-3x more in price. And M2 GPUs get completely waffle stomped by Nvidia and AMD on both raw performance (Nvidia) and performance per watt (AMD) while actually being able to game on and with MUCH better 3rd party software support. Apple fans stay losing lmao.

informatic

I don't think so much power is needed, but I care about Artificial intelligence and make the most of ChatGPT, have a reduced consumption that does not heat up the laptop and that can be installed in an ultrabook and that only has the AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = DDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence with XDNA architecture developed by Xilinx and all at 4nm vs 10nm from Intel

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview